Marketing Channel Analytics Supervisor
is a key role in Capella’s Marketing Analytics team. This position is responsible for leading the design, development and communication of analytics that provide important insight into marketing effectiveness and opportunities. In this leadership role, it is critical to develop and hone effective working partnerships with leaders, peers, team members, and external partners to anticipate and drive effective use of analytics and test/measure to inform strategy and decisions. The Supervisor recommends and conducts appropriate analysis from enterprise reporting database sources, and generates insights and recommendations to the marketing teams. S/He partners with IT, Business Intelligence, and the production reporting teams to lead efforts to improve data understanding, and influence data warehouse content and tools that will enhance analyses. This role will provide helpful coaching to direct reports, and ensure best practices and effective knowledge transfer within and between relevant teams. Reports to Sr. Manager of Marketing & Business Team Analytics
- Lead team in identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends related to complex business processes
- Develop strong partnerships with the marketing teams and external partners to understand the business - leading to improved interpretation of the data and trusted recommendations based on findings
- Champion across the marketing organization actionable ways to leverage reporting metrics that determine key areas of opportunity for marketing campaigns and strategies
- Lead, deliver and present prospect/learner insights using appropriate and innovative techniques of data visualization
- Provide leadership into operating and strategic planning via scenario analysis, deep-dive analytics, and setting a consistent measurement framework for organizational Key Performance Indicators
- Support leading-edge solutions for source attribution management, and analysis for acquisition (i.e. website, digital display) and brand/traditional Marketing channels
- Partner in defining marketing campaigns, and lead measurement efforts including test and control, offer tracking, and broader relationship marketing initiatives analysis
- Promote within the team the development and sharing of best practices for analytics, visualization and insights
- Provide strong management to direct reports to motivate and empower them to stretch their influence, leverage strengths and identify growth opportunities
- Clearly communicate to direct reports expectations and accountabilities in relationship to supporting Capella goals
- Provide management with timely updates on project and process progress, issues, ideas and outcomes
- Recommend and implement process improvements for team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative relevant field
- Minimum of 5-7 years progressive experience in marketing analytical or related position
1-3+ years experience managing direct reports.
- Kowledge and experience using analytical software and data retrieval tools, i.e. SAS, SQL.
- Experience with direct response marketing campaign development and measurement
- Strong familiarity with web analytics and tool usage
- Familiarity with digital media channels including paid search (SEM), banner advertising(CPM), affiliate, mobile and social
- Strong computer skills with a special emphasis on Excel spreadsheets & data mining/analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills - both verbal and written
- Demonstrated experience driving and achieving results
- Demonstrated customer and team orientation
- Ability to work in a team setting while at the same time being an assertive self-starter
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Experience in database marketing, managing large data sets, list processing, customer profiling and segmentation, and multivariate testing preferred
- Adobe Omniture suite experience preferred
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...