The Supervisor of Network Infrastructure supports the information technology department and infrastructure operations networking team members and technical environments. This position will interact with all levels of the organization including internal staff, various Information Services departments, outside vendors and technical consultants. The supervisor is directly responsible for the satisfactorily resolution and management of all network-related activities and issues. This position is to ensure a timely resolution to technical support issues while providing a high level of support for customers, maintaining system uptime, and meeting department performance levels. Supervisors must also perform all administrative responsibilities for time-keeping, project, and payroll reporting in addition to the general supervisor roles and responsibilities of performance management. This supervisor position has direct reports ranging from the Associate to Principal network engineers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic and technical assistance in the planning, implementation, upgrade, capacity, and support of the networking applications and infrastructure environments.
- Design, analysis, troubleshooting, proactive maintenance and monitoring of network components to maintain and enhance the corporate local and wireless network infrastructure.
- Provide technical and operational support on the network infrastructure hardware, including network routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, load balancers, network access controls, monitoring and supporting systems.
- Perform oversight and management of network hardware configurations, security credentials, installations and repairs.
- Provide hardware and software upgrade services, maintain infrastructure operational documentation, and follow approved change management administrative policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and oversight of internal and external vulnerability, penetration, PCI, and technology audit testing and procedures.
- Manage, administer, and configure DNS/DHCP settings.
- Maintain data center operations and environmental controls (HVAC, water/leak detection, fire suppression, electrical, UPS and generator systems).
- Exercise judgment within generally defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action for problem resolution and support.
- The ability to work non-standard hours based on currently assigned task and project requirements.
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum eight years work experience in system, network and data center operations.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a supervisor/manager with staffing-related responsibilities.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems including UNIX, Windows, and Linux.
- Experience with Cisco network, security and wireless products.
- Experience with F5 Big-IP LTM is a plus.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP®) or similar certification.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and staff mentoring.
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills as applied to a modern networking environment.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...