This position contributes to the achievement of Company and Plant objectives by overseeing efficient, cost-effective assembly of filters. The supervisor directs the activities of department personnel to complete production schedules safely and on a timely basis, while controlling costs, efficiency, quality, and equipment. This person also carries out these functions within company rules and procedure.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Supervise the daily operations of the filter production area.
- Schedule filter production and make sure production goals are met.
- Follow all regulatory guidelines and industry standards to ensure compliance with NQA-1.
- Work to develop improvements to the production process.
- Provide feedback to employees as to whether production goals are met.
- Schedule employees for overtime and weekend work.
- Enforce company disciplinary and safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- Requires a minimum of one year of experience in a leadership role within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of filter and/or assembly procedures required.
- Management skills are needed to be able to direct the daily operations of the department.
- Must have mathematical skills needed to track production numbers and complete daily production paperwork and reports.
- Requires the ability to read blueprints and interpret product drawings.
- Must be able to read a tape measure to 1/64 of an inch.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with employees, management, support staff and vendors.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Responsible for ensuring that manufacturing / production lines and equipment are in good operating order.
- Responsible for ensuring that manufacturing operators are working to procedure.
- Responsible for determining and coordinating manufacturing operations to meet production schedules.
- May make decisions and/or recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, terminations, overtime, and work schedules.
- May work in conjunction with quality control department to determine cause of any non-conformance issues and make recommendations for production changes as necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- May be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
- May sit at a desk for extended periods to complete paperwork.
- Must be able communicate on the telephone for lengthy periods.
- Must be able to operate a computer and keyboard with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions, including climbing and descending stairs.
- Must have good eyesight to see product flaws and good hearing to hear test equipment in order to ensure good quality.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses or goggles, particle mask, hearing protection, etc.
- Works in all areas of the plant with exposure to noise and dust.
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...