If you're interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then BE Aerospace may be right for you. As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets a career at BE Aerospace is beyond what you'd expect in a job. At B/E your ideas, your talents, and your experiences are utilized for more than your day-to-day duties. They're used to shape a global organization. It's your opportunity to make a real difference each day and be part of something bigger.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, B/E Aerospace's Commercial Aircraft Segment is seeking an energetic, self-starter for the position of Supervisor - Test Control with our Seating Products Group in Winston-Salem, NC. The Supervisor of Test Control provides supervision and coordination of test seat assembly, scheduling and material flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test seat rework and creation of work orders and inspection documents for test seat rework.
- Updates test schedule boards in the shop area and purchasing area weekly based on results of the weekly EPL Test Schedule meeting.
- Ensures proper test articles are moved to and form the offsite warehouse to support testing and testing schedules.
- Maintains all inventory records of offsite seats and materials.
- Maintains inventory records of IFE.
- Ensures proper test articles are moved from queue area to kitting area in a timely fashion.
- Fills detail test-level kits from bulk kits.
- Perfoms incoming inspection of seats received from manufacturing.
- Performs all EDL receiving functions.
- Supervises a small staff of exempt and nonexempt associates; makes work assignments; schedules and reviews work in progress.
- Handles personnel actions including performance reviews and salary recommendations.
- Recommends modifications to standard procedures.
- Assures adequate documentation and reporting of procedures and test results
- May work as an individual contributor technician part of the time.
- Performs other related as required.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and 2 years related experience and/or training; or eqivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent computer skills including Proficiency with Windows 7 and intermediate Excel skills.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questoins from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
B/E Aerospace - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
BE Aerospace, Inc. is manufacturer of cabin interior products for commercial aircraft and business jets and the world’s distributor of...