PetSmart is a Fortune 500 Company that embraces diversity and offers opportunity for growth. At PetSmart you’ll be joining the nation’s leading pet retailer. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime Care for every pet, every parent, every time. We are seeking candidates who enjoy working in a team environment as an integral part of our supply chain network at our 650,000 square foot facility in Groveport, Ohio. If you’re passionate about pets and want to build a dynamic career, then why not combine your love for pets with a rewarding career at PetSmart?
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Distribution Supervisor provides strategic direction for the DC while maximizing productivity and leveraging expenses. They should emphasize the need to deliver quality service to our retail store operations. The Outbound Supervisor will oversee the order selection and shipping processes in a Warehouse Management/Labor Management environment to ensure accuracy of shipments to PetSmart store. The Inbound Supervisor is responsible for the inbound process including receiving and replenishment in a Warehouse Management/Labor Management environment, as well as inspecting incoming product for damages and/or discrepancies and documenting to avoid company liability.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Supervise productivity goals, inventory control, & housekeeping.
- Assist in developing plans for cost reduction, process improvement, scheduling enhancement, & labor hour reduction.
- Motivates & directs associates in areas of skill development; providing ongoing training coaching, guidance & instruction.
- Communicate required policy revisions, company updates, & process revisions.
- Treat associates with Respect & Dignity; listen attentively & respond in a sensitive & appropriate manner.
- Communicate in effective, professional & efficient manner with all levels of the organization.
- Involved in the interview & recruiting process for prospective associates.
- Ensure all rules & regulations are in compliance; & warehouse is clean, neat, & free of safety hazards.
- Involved in completing & scheduling vacations, associate time off, performance evaluations, & disciplinary counseling.
- Ability to flex to other departments as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is recommended.
- 2-3 years demonstrated work knowledge & supervisory/leadership in distribution.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft applications & in-depth knowledge of WMS/LM systems.
- Experience with performance measurement systems in productive operational setting.
- Must have Flexibility to work any shift.
- This position is for 2nd shift. (M-Th 4pm – 2:30am)
In addition to competitive salaries, paid time off and health benefits PetSmart’s offers 401K options, employee stock purchase plan, training and development and discounts at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment.
- Complete our on-line application at: http://careers.petsmart.com , click on (Apply to US Distribution)
- Select state ”OH”, city ”Groveport” then choose the "DC Supervisor" position.