About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and is part of the American National family of companies. The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) and flexible Paid Time Off program, and a positive work environment.
Farm Family is looking for a Supervisor to join our Commercial Lines Production Underwriting Team!
Position Description – Lead the Commercial Lines Operations Staff to contribute to the acquisition, issuance, servicing, and retention of profitable business. Responsibilities include:
· Supervise the production underwriting and clerical employees and all functions related to their roles.
· Implement processes to monitor quality.
· Execute monthly Quality Audit file review program objectively and in a timely fashion.
· Meet with employees to communicate results and develop individual training / mentoring plans to improve performance.
· Manage the timeliness of the work completed. Effectively manage workflow to ensure assigned work is current in accordance with department turnaround requirements.
· Establish clear performance expectations for team that support company profit plan and divisional operating plan.
· Establish a series of periodic checks/reviews to ensure compliance with expected/established processes and procedures. Monitor all SOX Controls to ensure all processes remain SOX compliant.
· Establish and adhere to unit salary and expense budgets and department goals.
· Work with every team member to develop training and professional development plans.
· Interview & hire quality employees and manage employee performance
Requirements - The successful candidate will be an energetic, self-starter, possessing strong organizational skills. Job Requirements include:
· Associate Degree Required, Bachelors Degree Preferred. Applicable insurance and/or leadership experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
· 3+ years work experience in insurance industry
· Commitment to Professional Insurance Education; Actively Pursuing INS or AU Designation a plus.
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE
Farm Family - 21 months ago