Now taking off:
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on your success. So choose a career path. And rediscover what it's like to enjoy your job.
Supervisor I - Food Service Operations - IAH
Equal Opportunity Employer by Choice.
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Supervises a key functional department and may serve as Manager on Duty, overseeing entire kitchen on some shifts. Responsible for financial, operational, quality and regulatory performance of the assigned department and at times entire kitchen. Supervises the production staff, manages resources, schedules and performance issues. Responsible for production schedules, timeliness and quality of the product.
- Supervises shift employees and runs the day to day departmental operation
- Responsible for employee scheduling, attendance, discipline, payroll, interviewing, accident investigation and safety awareness
- Conducts shift briefings and other employee communication. Serves as Manager on Duty frequently
- Assists leader to coordinate production schedules with other departments to meet overall operational needs of the kitchen
- Responsible for departmental quality, productivity, overall performance, food safety compliance, regulatory compliance and departmental safety programs. Responsible for ensuring departmental goals and objectives are met
- Participates with kitchen and corporate resources to implement Lean processes and objectives into the production process
- Departmental Operational, Safety and Financial targets met including delay performance, customer satisfaction, employee safety and productivity
- Regulatory standards met or exceeded within the department
- Strong employee satisfaction
- Effective support and management of work group
- BA/MBA or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of catering operations required
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and in temperature controlled (cold) production areas
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization, employees and outside suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Computer skills including use of email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English required
- Ability to work various shifts within a 24/7 operation, including weekends and holidays required
- Fluent in Spanish or another second language preferred
- 0 - 3 years in catering / food services operations required
- Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement experience preferred
- Regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with United's policies is required
- Attendance is required at work location.
- (Please note, this may not be applicable to positions where in fact someone can telecommute. Inclusion of this requirement should be evaluated on a case by case basis.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorhsip
United Airlines - 11 months ago
Now taking off: Your career
At United®, we are thriving in the culture that our employees have helped to create, one that encourages...