The Supervisor, IOC (Integrated Operations Center) is responsible for contributing to the design, implementation and daily operations activities associated to the management and monitoring of the Ameren Illinois Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Smart Grid Communication Network (SGCN). This includes ensuring requirements and performance levels associated to these two networks are met consistently. When issues arise, the Supervisor will coordinate a response and will keep management apprised of issue remediation activities from the initiation of the issue through its resolution. The Supervisor provides guidance to staff in the utilization of a variety of monitoring tools and network management systems to manage, triage, troubleshoot and remotely repair problems with these networks. The Supervisor will champion the IT Service Management (ITSM) framework within the IOC and will ensure this methodology is incorporated into day-to-day operations. Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of standard IOC business processes and key performance indicators.
- Direct and coordinate the work of IOC agents in the 24x7x365 operation of the IOC. This includes ensuring it is adequately staffed at all times.
- Define, establish and maintain a training program for IOC agents to include ITSM, content development, delivery and knowledge assessment. This includes how to use monitoring tools, how to triage network failures, how to troubleshoot and remotely repair problems.
- Define, establish and maintain coordination with Network Operation Center (NOC), Service Desk, Cyber security, Development and key business stakeholders to ensure adequate resolution of problems and appropriate communications.
- Lead and drive operational improvement efforts between the NOC and IOC.
- Specify and lead implementation of network management tools to ensure proper monitoring and alerts.
- Ensure IOC operational procedures are current and followed consistently within the ITSM framework.
- Participate in the IT Change Management process as a member of the Change Advisory Board/Emergency Committee.
Education: Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or applicable business related major, required. Professional IT certification (e.g. CISCO Certified Network Associate) preferred.
Experience: Seven or more years of IT experience required, including three or more years working in a Network Operations Center or IT Operations environment. Supervisory experience preferred. Experience in the configuration and troubleshooting of networks (e.g. LAN, WAN), SCADA, AMI (e.g. FAN and HAN), Smart Grid systems and RF technologies preferred. Experience in the configuration and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN devices, including routers, repeaters, firewalls and switches preferred.
Other: Knowledge of utility and metering concepts preferred. Solid understanding of ITSM framework with experience in implementing ITSM preferred. Must be an articulate communicator and able to explain problems & their resolutions to all levels of the organization both inside and outside ASC/IT in a non-technical manner. Proven leadership and collaboration skills within a team environment. The Supervisor works in an office environment but must be able to work off-hours for support needs and on call 24x7x365 for staff. Position will start in Collinsville Illinois, and will likely be relocated to Decatur Illinois in 2014.
Salary: . Date posted: 09/27/2013
PowerPlantPro - 18 months ago
AmerenEnergy Fuels & Services provides fuel and energy-related products and services for Ameren and its affiliated operating companies....