Luminant, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings , formerly TXU Corp., is the largest competitive power generation business in Texas. Its operations also include mining, wholesale marketing and trading, and development. Luminant has more than 15,400 megawatts of generation, including 2,300 MW fueled by nuclear power and 8,000 MW fueled by coal. The company is one of the largest purchasers of wind-generated electricity in Texas and the nation. Luminant has mined and restored over 60,000 acres and planted over 25 million trees in a land-reclamation program that has been recognized with over 120 awards for environmental conservation. At Luminant, we are committed to improving our environment by serving our customers and communities through more efficient- and cleaner sources of energy. We are also committed to our values of honesty and integrity, mutual respect, innovation, competitive spirit and diversity.
Provides direction of primarily Electrical craft personnel through the administration of company policies, procedures, labor agreement and other applicable work rules to achieve station and departmental goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the safe work practices of Electrical contract personnel under their direction. This requires that the incumbent is knowledgeable of safe work practices, the company safety handbook, and applicable company policies and procedures, and that the incumbent will enforce adherence to the safety rules as written.
- Analyze and prioritize equipment problems and operational problems to ensure repairs are made to maintain plant reliability and availability.
- Provide short and long-term planning/scheduling and coordinates work activities of the team (employees, contractors, service providers, vendors, etc.) and provide project management services as required/assigned and in a cost effective manner.
- Develop & manage assigned Special Projects in an efficient and cost-effective manner, including project budgeting and cost tracking.
- Communicates and documents relevant information concerning craft resources, job status, equipment status and personnel issues to appropriate peers and supervisors in a timely manner using the appropriate means of communication (verbal, computer based, written).
- Provides appropriate technical direction to contractor personnel to ensure adherence to accepted procedures, practices and standards.
- Teams with corporate support groups, plant operations, plant maintenance, the plant technical staff and various contractors to ensure site goals and objectives are met in a positive and productive manner.
- Provide operational data, statistics, and records support to the Plant Management staff.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the PR-ISM, PMMS, Outlook and other applicable computer-based software necessary to complete day to day work assignments.
- Periodically serves on special committees, short-term task forces, and temporary assignments as directed.
Minimal background and knowledge requirements:
Preferred background and knowledge requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 7 years power plant experience.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Good understanding of company policies and procedures, union contract, power plant operating procedures, and safe work practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of electrical systems (motors, relays, switchgear), plant operations and maintenance management processes preferred.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
Work in an environment ranging from office to in-plant. Plant environment exposures includes all weather elements as well as noise, dust, extreme heat and activities such as climbing stairs and wearing personal protective equipment including occasional use of respirators.
Use of a PC, computer terminal and/or telephone usually more than 6 hours a day.
Occasional unscheduled trips to the plant after normal work hours and on scheduled days off.
Frequent long hours and occasional irregular hours.
Required presence on the job during severe weather events such as abnormal cold weather, major rainfalls and other heightened awareness situations such as security alerts.
Occasional travel between company facilities and occasional overnight travel.
Must be able to comply with Luminant Respiratory Protection policy.
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.
Monster - 18 months ago