Luminant, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings , formerly TXU Corp., is the largest competitive power generation business in Texas. Its operations also include mining, wholesale marketing and trading, and development. Luminant has more than 15,400 megawatts of generation, including 2,300 MW fueled by nuclear power and 8,000 MW fueled by coal. The company is one of the largest purchasers of wind-generated electricity in Texas and the nation. Luminant has mined and restored over 60,000 acres and planted over 25 million trees in a land-reclamation program that has been recognized with over 120 awards for environmental conservation. At Luminant, we are committed to improving our environment by serving our customers and communities through more efficient- and cleaner sources of energy. We are also committed to our values of honesty and integrity, mutual respect, innovation, competitive spirit and diversity.
This position is responsible for providing direction, management, and technical guidance for the station Chemistry programs and Chemistry Technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
needed. This will require being designated as the on-call supervisor to respond to requests
- Plan, organize, direct and control Chemistry resources and work activities
- Oversee Chemistry control of plant systems in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements and best industry practices
- Supervise and support Chemistry Technicians
- Conduct performance reviews, salary actions, and monitor technician performance
- Interface with representatives or regulatory groups, vendors and industry peers
- Serves as Chemistry Supervisor in the Emergency Organization
- Review and approve chemistry data
- Monitor, attend and help develop the Chemistry training program
- Approve or develop technician work schedules, assign overtime, approve technician task lists
- Act as designated Chemistry management and respond to situations needing management oversight as
- Occasional travel for seminars
Minimum background and knowledge requirements:
Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in a science/engineering field and four years professional experience in nuclear power;
OR an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and six years professional experience in nuclear power.
It is the policy of Energy Future Holdings, Luminant, and TXU Energy to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law.