Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for managing all production activities on a designated shift. The scope of this position includes all phases of production, including processing, packaging, case packing, and palletizing. The Seasonal Production Supervisor will start in mid to late June, for training, and then stay for the Green Season, in July and August.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise all production activities in accordance with corporate and plant policies, programs, and standards concerning safety, quality, productivity and cost.
- Provide continual leadership and guidance to team members for the purpose of increasing their effectiveness and establishing good working relationships.
- Actively promote plant safety and environmental programs and procedures that are in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Actively promote adherence to corporate Quality, Sanitation, GMP and HACCP standards to achieve a finished product within quality control specifications.
- Manage staffing levels to current labor standards requirements.
- Assign responsibilities to team members, as required to meet planned production schedules.
- Coordinate the proper training of team members within the assigned department.
- Apply disciplinary actions in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Review shift activities and results, making adjustments as required for continuous improvement.
- Investigate production delays and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Keep management informed of the status of production and promptly notify management of issues impacting production.
- Coordinate the storage and rework of quality control hold products with appropriate plant personnel.
- Promote an environment conducive to teams, teamwork, and line-driven accountability.
- Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
This position provides direct supervision to production personnel. In the absences of a sanitation supervisor, may provide direct supervision to sanitation personnel. In the absences of a maintenance supervisor, may provide direct supervision to maintenance personnel. In the absence of a warehouse, distribution, or shipping and receiving supervisor, may provide direct supervision to warehouse, distribution, or shipping and receiving personnel.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Undergraduate Degree, required.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Production Management, Industrial Technology, Engineering or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing supervisory experience, preferred.
- Professional experience within packaging/food products industry, preferred.
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people.
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
Monster - 10 months ago