Supervisor, Central Distribution Center (3rd Shift)- Milwaukee, WI
Position Reports To:
- Distribution Manager
We are seeking a supervisor who can optimize and help manage a large
portion of our high volume small package Centralized Distribution Center
(CDC) which is located in Milwaukee, WI. This individual teaming with
another supervisor will have direct responsibility for our receiving,
picking, consolidation, packaging , shipping operations and the management
of the people and systems supporting those operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor workflow and manage labor resources within areas of
responsibility to meet the needs of internal and
- Meet or exceed daily picking/packing and shipping performance goals.
- Manage to departmental budget.
- Manages the cycle counting process and ensure separation of duties and
- Works with and handles hazardous waste, trained in the proper
procedures for handling hazardous waste, may train others in the procedures.
- Responsible for hiring, performance appraisal, and disciplinary issues
with employees within your areas of responsibility.
- Establish and ensure compliance of an established housekeeping schedule.
- Helps maintain and improves the usage of the Warehouse Control Software system.
- Follows the Performance Management process for all direct reports.
- Tracks and posts metrics in a timely fashion.
- Holds team meetings on regular basis.
- Takes an active role in implementing, maintaining and improving processes to reduce freight related errors and damage to products in transit.
- Maintains effective relationships with all customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Has the ability to translate and communicate customer needs to specific
distribution and logistics needs.
- Objectively evaluates processes for non-value added activity and eliminates that which does not add value, drives process innovation.
- Participates in and helps develop the Annual Operating Plan for the CDC. Is responsible for communicating that plan to the direct reports and linking SMART goals to it.
- Helps lead and drive both the utilization of SAP ERP system and the use of common and shared processes within the CDC.
- Maintains and/or improves delivery service levels while keeping distribution and
transportation costs at the lowest level possible.
- Insures that all laws, regulations, industry standards and compliance issues, E H&S standards and procedures are followed as goods are moved into and out of the
- Follows the Company’s Code of Ethics.
- Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably, deals effectively with everyone, hires variety and diversity, supports equal and fair treatment and
opportunity for all.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A four-year college degree in business, logistics, industrial engineering
- 3-5 years of high volume distribution supervision experience in a global
company that has European, Asian and North American local manufacturing
plants, distribution facilities or major sourcing partners in these areas.
- Experience in the various warehouse picking technologies such as RF, flow
racking, carousals, pick to light technology.
- Experience in the use of and implementations of warehouse control or management software.
- Experience in the use of various barcode and scanning technologies to
improve picking/packaging efficiencies.
- The individual will need to know the principles of MRP and also have
familiarity with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- The individual must have a proven track record of establishing
disciplined work processes and improving those processes.
- Strong nonexempt supervisory and project management skills.
- Excellent oral / written communication skills
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...