This position can either be located in Melville, NY or Jersey City, NJ.
Responsible for day to day supervision of adjusters within their assigned unit to insure the proper handling of claims according to the established claim guidelines and procedures. Assists in providing to insureds, claimants and other persons involved the best possible claim service.
- Reviews, triages and assigns New Losses to unit; monitors claim files, and reports to insure adherence to company claim procedure and guidelines.
- Provides guidance on coverage, legal, and reserving policies; reviews, investigates, negotiates, and settles assigned claim files.
- Provides authorization for reserving and settlement of claims, which exceeds the examiner’s authority, within personal authority.
- Makes recommendations to home office on open files which exceed personal authority.
- Authorizes loss and expense payments for subordinates within personal authority
- Reviews and revises as necessary subordinate’s reports for management or re-insurers and client companies.
- Provides comments in each subordinate’s claims files for all files that are open longer than 45 days and each 45 days thereafter until file is closed.
- Reviews subordinate’s closed files reviewed by home office and formulates action plan to correct any items not in compliance.
- Reviews the Property Claim Supervisor Reports to properly monitor and oversee unit.
- Refers all claims within unit that have suspicious activity or where an attorney is involved to Management.
- Monitors files for proper documentation and investigation of subrogation.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
10+ years personal and commercial property claims adjusting
You might say this firm is proactive in getting ads in front of audiences. Initiative Media Worldwide is one of the world's leading...