The Contact Center Mutual Health Services Supervisor will be responsible for providing Claims/Customer Service Representatives with the tools and training needed to ensure customer service excellence and performance goals are met. Responsibilities will include coaching, developing, and supporting a highly effective team of Claims/Customer Service Representatives . This position will supervise staff to meet established performance goals including: customer satisfaction percentages, compliance, call metrics, inventory volumes and service levels based on departmental goals.
• Review performance with Claims/Customer Service Representatives through regular and ongoing coaching sessions to drive the highest level of performance; Identify individual Claims/Customer Service Representatives developmental needs and take steps to address them. Provide constructive feedback and set improvement commitments from staff. Develop plans to ensure team achieves specific objectives in support of department goals.
• Monitor team service performance levels on a real-time and ongoing basis to ensure targeted goals for call abandonment rate, telephone service level and average speed of answer are achieved.
• Set clear performance expectations with team and communicate how performance goals are linked to company goals. Create a team environment that contributes to a high degree of employee satisfaction. Execute the quality assurance program through call monitoring and audits.
• Monitor individual Claims/Customer Service Representatives attendance and reliability patterns and take corrective steps when indicated. Utilize the telephone reporting system to monitor Claims/Customer Service Representatives schedule adherence and other work habits.
• Participates in departmental or divisional projects.
• Leads and/or attends meetings for cross-functional teams.
• Collaborates with other areas of the division and/or corporation regarding customer problems and trends, and relays pertinent information to departmental personnel.
• Supervises staff of 12- 15 Claims/Customer Service Representatives including performance evaluations, disciplinary issues, and PTO scheduling. Not directly responsible for hiring new employees but will participate in the interviewing process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field or three or more year’s relevant experience in a supervisor/ team leader/management position that includes demonstrated coaching and mentoring experience.
• A proven track record of successfully leading teams to achieve performance.
• Previous Supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated performance coaching skills.
• Demonstrated experience planning and prioritizing projects, defining expectations and making recommendations for process improvements.
• Coaches and Mentors- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas needed to accomplish the delivery of exceptional customer experience and to meet performance goals.
• Customer Focus- Demonstrates understanding of customer and employee needs in managing own work and the work of others; actively seeks their input and feedback, as appropriate.
• Effective Communication- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and capability to work effectively with all levels of the corporation, executives and key decision makers. Able to involve and influence others to lend their support in an effort. Can establish effective working relationships with internal and external business associates.
• Pragmatic Decision Making- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Manages Workflow- Demonstrate an exempt mentality where you are able to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Performs work in an office environment in which there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
• Flexible to varying schedules as needed.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Medical Mutual of Ohio - 4 months ago
Medical Mutual of Ohio is a not-for-profit managed care company that provides health insurance products and related services to some 1.6 mil...