Supervisor, Customer Service - CTM
About WellCare: WellCare Health Plans, Inc. provides managed care services targeted to government-sponsored health care programs, focusing on Medicaid and Medicare. Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare offers a variety of health plans for families, children, and the aged, blind and disabled, as well as prescription drug plans. The company serves approximately 2.7 million members nationwide as of Dec. 31, 2012. The company employs more than 4,500 nationwide. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company's website at www.wellcare.com. A Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: WCG).
EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age forty (40) and over, disability, veteran status, or national origin.
Operations - Command Center
Reports to: Manager, Customer Service
Position provides direct management of call center associates (Non-Exempt) and/or assists in activities for the business function (or multiple functions) within the call center, internal and/or external. People management, Root Cause Analysis, Trending, and Process Improvement all can be key aspects of this position. Assignments are broad in nature.
Must have strong Medicare background. Must also be available to work rotating evenings and weekends.
- Manages and develops non-exempt direct reports.
- Manages and Monitors key call center metrics and implements improvement plans either to the individual or at an aggregate level
- Handles all direct employee personnel issues and processes (where applicable), including performance management, appraisal processes, development planning, and career pathing
- Supervises non exempt direct reports assigning workload, monitoring quality and associate coaching
- Serves as liaison between departments when it becomes necessary due to member or workflow issues
- Develops, recommends, and implements process improvements to improve efficiencies and services provided
- Completes root cause analysis on data error reports from customer service systems and from business units
- Completes trending analysis on reports retrieved from customer service systems utilizing problem solving skills
- Updates and creates resources on Well Care link applicable to the call center, such as timely announcements, step actions, reference call tools, FAQs etc.
- Ensures WellCare link is update to with the appropriate materials
- Trains CSRs on new processes and refresher training
- Creates/revises training as needed
- Facilitate and participate in meetings with other departments and line of business as needed
- Act in a liaison capacity for the Mgr/ Sr Mgr representing the call center with other areas and business units
- Reviews Training materials for the business
- Completes gap analysis on training for the business
- Other duties as assigned
HS Diploma, or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree desirable.
2 plus years experience within a Customer Service or call center environment
In-Depth knowledge of Health Insurance
Previous experience in a customer service environment and health insurance preferred
Strong understanding of managed care and its place in the health care industry
Successful experience in the areas of customer service and/or Call center
Understanding of interdependencies on other business units such as Health Services, Provider Relations, Sales, Vendors, Claims
Good analytical skills to do root cause, trending and make recommendations for process improvements
Good writing skills and communication skills
Good interpersonal skills
Is a relocation package available?
WellCare knows that to get well, all you need is a little care. WellCare Health Plans provides managed-care administrative services to...