Job Description Conversion
1. Responsible for maintain g a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
2. Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
3. Complies with established job safety practices, policies procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of work assignments; this includes compliance with plant health, safety, emergency and environmental safety regulations
4. Supports development, implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of beverage safety system.
5. Responsible for maintaining process quality in accordance with Ball Packaging Operations’ process and quality standards.
6. Supervises the plant production function as directed.
7. Maintains production spoilage and maintenance records.
8. Facilitates communications and dissemination of information between crew operations.
9. Reviews the performance and personal development of all subordinates on an individual basis.
10. Schedules hourly employee holidays, vacations, overtime and job assignments to meet plan needs.
11. May input employee payroll hours into system.
12. May track and maintain employee attendance records.
13. May order parts as needed.
14. Inputs, retrieves, and evaluates information to and from computer systems.
15. Initiates, reviews, masters and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for areas of responsibility.
16. Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains and employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representative which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
17. Establishes and maintains effective work relationship within the department, the division, the group and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
18. Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
19. Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
20. Ability to work under general supervision.
21. Ability to communicate and write effectively; read, comprehend and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
1. Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience.
2. Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
3. Working knowledge of the following areas: production specification and mechanics of equipment, Ball Packaging Operations quality standards, and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
4. Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
5. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
6. Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
7. Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
8. Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
9. Ability to work regular working cycle for this position- 12 hour shifts, day or night, rotating days and nights, Monday through Sunday and overtime on a regular basis as well as be on call as directed by management.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.