: Full-Time, Seasonal. Specialty Sports Venture (SSV). Northstar Ski Resort. Truckee, CA.
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 160 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Supervisors are responsible for assisting in the management of the sales, rentals, staff, and operational and merchandising functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, productivity, and a world - class guest experience.
- Generate rental and retail sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Assist the Store Manager in maintaining an enthusiastic and professional standard of guest service
- Provide resources so that employees are properly trained in rentals, POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales generation
- Assist the Store Manager in communicating company values and goals to the employees
- Assist the Store Manager in monitoring and controlling a daily payroll budget
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Remain current on new industry products and trends; demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Create a rewarding environment in which to work, generate a team atmosphere
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
This position is critical to the delivery of world class service and it is the responsibility of staff members to be friendly, courteous and helpful under all circumstances.
- 2 years of retail experience
- Supervisory experience, strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service to our guests
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world's most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties--and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Seasonal Health Insurance plans
- Free ski pass to our world-class resorts
- Retail discounts at our stores
- Excellent training and professional development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...