ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position is responsible for providing supervision and direction to subordinate staff and coordinating work flow at the location, including distributing work, disseminating information, assigning staff to cover for absences, providing technical assistance, answering questions, and resolving problems in the absence of management or in support of management activities. The position is also responsible for the following, but not limited to:
Essential Functions and Tasks:
· Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in customer service activities.
· Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
· Maintain staff by assisting managers with recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Maintain work flow by monitoring productivity levels and performance; work with Site Manager to implement cost reduction initiatives; and support a spirit of cooperation within and between locations/departments.
· Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
· Reconcile shift reports/revenue and make daily deposits.
· Ensure operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluate equipment and techniques.
· Plan, prepare, and devise work schedules, according to budgets and workloads.
· Observe and evaluate employees’ performance.
· Issue instructions and assign duties to staff.
· Train and instruct employees.
· Communicate with departments and management to resolve problems and expedite work.
· Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
· Assist employees in resolving problems and completing work.
· Resolve complaints and answer questions of customers regarding services and procedures.
· Reviews and check work of subordinates such as reports, records, and deposits for accuracy and corrects errors.
· Prepare, maintains and submit shift reports and personnel reports.
· Make recommendations to management concerning staff and improvement of procedures.
· Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of equipment and resources.
· M aintains working relationship with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
· Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; and working with Member Services.
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Possess thorough knowledge of parking fee structures, special event/group discounted parking, monthly passes and all validation procedures.
· Process parking transactions accurately, calculate fees, collect payment and offer an appropriate departing comment.
· Maintain personal security of bank and cash transactions.
· Conduct employee training .
· Must be at least 18 years old and possess a hi gh school diploma or equivalent.
· Must submit to and pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
· Minimum of one year supervisory experience.
· Possess excellent customer service skills.
· Possess outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
· Demonstrate exceptional oral communication skills by conveying information effectively.
· Possess knowledge of local area and surrounding attractions.
· Demonstrate active listening, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand
the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
· Possess basic mathematical skills and aptitude. Must pass math assessment.
· Must be able to calculate parking charges manually and make change without the use of a calculator.
· Possess attention to details when reconciling transactions.
· Maintain a professional personal and uniform appearance in accordance with Company standards.
· Demonstrate a guest-driven service style with a sense of urgency in interactions, execution and recovery.
· Possess knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes
customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
· Must be able to work flexible shift hours (days, evenings, weekends, holidays); approximately seven plus
hours per shift standing, sitting, and walking (intermittently); ability to lift 10 lbs.
· Ability to deal with irate customers and resolve customer issues and/or complaints
· Ability to work in changing weather conditions.
· Maintain a basic knowledge of the surrounding city area and freeway access to provide accurate i nformation
and /or directions as requested.
Ace Parking Management, Inc. - 2 years ago