About Pure Storage
Pure Storage, the all-flash enterprise storage company, enables the broad deployment of flash in the data center. When compared to traditional disk-centric arrays, Pure Storage all-flash enterprise arrays are 10x faster and 10x more space and power efficient at a price point that is less than performance disk per gigabyte stored. The Pure Storage FlashArray is ideal for high performance workloads, including server virtualization, desktop virtualization (VDI), database (OLTP, real-time analytics) and cloud computing. For more information, visit www.purestorage.com.
The Supply Chain Buyer/Planner position is a key role in our Operations organization. An enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems is highly desired. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/long term priorities and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels, managing drop ship purchase orders and field service stocking levels, and managing supply and demand within the Supply Chain.
- Run daily product Sales report and place drop ship purchase orders.
- Generate capital equipment and expense purchase orders and send to Suppliers.
- Obtain supplier PO confirmations and update PO accordingly in the system.
- Monitor Open Purchase Order Report to follow up and expedite material to ensure on time delivery.
- Generate Maintenance and Repair purchase orders.
- Work closely with the Sales organization to track and renew customer third party break fix service agreements.
- Create asset tags for all capital equipment purchases and add the equipment to the capital asset system.
- Monitor service inventory stocking levels and mange replenishment orders.
- Arrange for Return Material Authorizations (RMA’s).
- Resolve any issues surrounding purchases (delivery schedule, receiving, invoicing).
- Duties will include collating/filing of purchase orders.
- Special projects.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of purchasing experience in computer, network, or storage hardware industries
- Experience working in a MRP environment required. Experience working with NetSuite and Sales Force preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain management preferred
- Significant and demonstrable supply chain experience working with OEM manufacturers and integrators
- Knowledge of Windows Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, presentation
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to insure exceptional customer satisfaction
- Expertise in inventory control in a supply chain system
- Expertise in PO placement, sales order fulfillment in a supply chain process
- Understanding of field support, field service inventories, and customer satisfaction process
- Expertise in shipping processes and logistics in a high technology industry. Understanding of both domestic and international freight
- Understanding of company accounting practices in relation to purchasing and inventory transactions
Pure Storage has a simple mission: to enable the widespread adoption of flash in the enterprise data center.