Purchases goods, materials and coordinates new product launch activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews MRP outputs weekly to ensure all required actions are taken – planned orders, expedites, de-expedites, cancels, etc.
2. Limits backorders of all assigned parts while communicating backorder information to internal departments.
3. Maintains and reviews Forecast vs. Actual sales for assigned products.
4. Works closely with Master Scheduler to establish delivery sequences to department according to job order priorities.
5. Expedites in-plant transfer of materials to meet production schedules.
6. Coordinates weekly conference calls with key suppliers.
7. Distributes Engineering Change Requests to each supplier and reviews disposition of existing and in-process products. Coordinates meetings to discuss the necessary action required and the cost associated with these actions.
8. Discusses defective goods with inspection or quality control personnel, suppliers and others to determine the origin and take corrective action.
9. Coordinates new product launch activities as assigned by management.
10. Responsible for remote Purchasing/Planning at off-site locations.
11. Analyzes slow moving inventory and coordinates meetings with the individual teams to determine disposition.
12. Able to evaluate suppliers based upon price quality, service support, reliability and selection.
13. Ensures item costing is fair and reasonable. Works with each supplier to reduce costs while still maintaining quality and deliveries.
14. Works closely with Manufacturing Engineering and shop floor to improve production efficiency.
15. Reviews production schedules and determines material required or overdue.
16. Travels to offsite Suppliers to coordinate project meetings/reviews.
17. Coordinates on-site supplier visits with internal departments.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
• 6+ years business experience in Purchasing and or Manufacturing required.
• Direct MRP experience required.
• Project Management experience preferred.
• Industry Certification preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Detailed knowledge of materials management, regulations, procedures, and records. Able to analyze cost. Experience in Materials Management in a Medical Device environment preferred.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Microsoft Office/Windows. MRP software experience required.
Arthrex - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard