Apr 5, 2012 12:10:32 PM
Latina including Argentina, Brazil, Latin America
Excellent finance partnering skills
Demonstrated experience in financial management & planning, and knowledge of Supply Chain and finance processes
Demostrated experience in matrix management
- Significant experience of working at a manufacturing site or commercial entity in a senior finance role
Excellent influencing skills across all levels in the organisation and an ability to recognize cultural diversity
Demonstrated experience with senior stakeholder management
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Demonstrated experience of providing management insight and value added analysis
Demonstrated complex decision support across a broad range of issues / proposals
Excellent team player
- Professional Qualification (CPA, MBA. CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent qualification or experience
- Demonstrated experience of overseas operations
Support the commercial ambition of GSK by being responsible for Supply Chain (SC) Finance Operations in the region and support the Regional Supply Chain Team in delivering objectives
- Providing Insight: Derive management insight on the basis of standard management reports and knowledge of the business
- Counseling, Challenging and Influencing: Enable discussion and decision on options to improve performance, focused on priorities, based on understanding of risks, opportunities and feasibility.
- Providing Decision Support: Value added decision and planning support as directed by the business need taking account of the Supply Chain, Commercial and GSK context
- Lead Finance Partner for both the Regional Supply Chain team and Regional Commercial Finance team on all financial matters relating to the Regional SC
- Line management of SC finance staff in region, including Performance appraisal & development (PDP), succession planning
o monitor where actual performance is at variance with Plan and directing attention and recommending remedial action where appropriate
- Work directly with customer group to establish sound knowledge and understanding of their operations & business objectives in order to be able to:
o provide sound judgment on level of ambition delivered in actual performance and plans/forecasts,
o provide concise, action orientated commentaries as appropriate for financial and non-financial performance
Play an active part in the regional leadership team, contributing towards optimized delivery of SC support to the commercial business in the region
Use both internal and external knowledge sources to improve business performance and share best value add best practice across customer and finance groups
Establish and maintain excellent contacts with all parts of finance teams across GSK, SC, Regional Commercial Finance, Categories and other GSK finance teams for the benefit of the customers; sharing insight across the SC to enable timely and appropriate action.
Gather and analysis data from a wide range of sources and finance teams (spanning procurement, external supply, manufacturing and all SC cost elements) with a view to driving improved SC cost performance.
Counsel, challenge plan & influence – improve performance / priority focused / risk & opportunities:
Critically manage the Regional SC financial objectives and matrix to a three year horizon by working with the business to develop and prepare meaningful financial plans and targets, forward looking financials (LE) in a complex, multi-market Supply Chain environment with a view to improving financial performance
Provide ongoing financial leadership and counsel to ensure that the Regional SC team have clear a understanding of end to end Supply Chain finance performance and data with a view to driving year on year financial improvements and ongoing identification of opportunities
Promote a culture of compliance with GSK policies, procedures and guidelines across all Supply Chain finance operations and activities
Routinely scan risk management and other business processes to identify issues & risks for the business working proactively to provide solutions and alternatives
Ensure that high quality liaison & communication is maintained with senior colleagues across a wide scope of interfaces
To work with supply chain teams across the region to align financial operations to Global Finance Operating Model and consistently improve finance processes and activities
Provide expert finance interventions across the regional SC in the preparation, assessment or appraisal of :
o business change proposals
o commercial opportunities
o investment proposals
o sourcing decisions
o network change or restructuring
Develop a deep understanding of end to end SC costs, working capital, headcount and capital spend with a view to identifying and leveraging financial improvements across the SC as a whole
Responsible for judgment report decision making, evaluation, control and leadership for functional asset base and other impairments
- Provide financial analysis and counsel and oversee all financial matters relating to all areas of Regional SC
- Provide financial leadership and finance partner services across the Regional SC and build day to day strong links with the Regional Finance Commercial Team
- Provide strong leadership and line management to Regional Finance Teams with particular focus on coaching and development for the future
- Evaluate business proposals and provide financial advice on Network Strategy proposals.
- Serve as a member of the regional SC management team, SC finance management team and the regional commercial finance team
- Review and prepare financial plan, targets and forecasts
- Commentary of key changes/business drivers and recommend and drive any action required
- Contribution to ongoing improvement of the financial and business performance of SC is expected.
Closing date for applications: 19 April 2012
- Manage across diverse countries, demonstrating understanding of business practices in a wide variety of markets.
- Ability to effectively influence senior management teams and ensure organizational and financial issues are readily resolved
- Communicate effectively across a number of levels in the Supply Chain CH and GSK organisation including SC finance teams, senior management, GMS finance groups, Corporate functions, Commercial finance and outsourced providers.
- Leading and influencing SC finance teams in a highly complex matrix environment.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Please indicate within your cover letter if you are confirmed as displaced (or potentially displaced) and at risk of redundancy.
Please note that you will not be able to access this job posting after the closing date therefore it is advisable to print off a copy for your records.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
GlaxoSmithKline - 13 months ago
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) is a global healthcare group, which is engaged in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture and marketi...