supply chain leader in training
this is your moment. it just also happens to be ours.
join the team that is redefining retail.
The leader in training is a comprehensive 16-week training program following graduation that offers broad exposure to jcp, operational training, job shadowing, leadership development, and much more. Training will take place in one of our supply chain facilities where we will provide you with access to the tools and resources needed to put your training into action. Throughout the program, you will have the opportunity to interact with facility leadership who will coach and mentor you throughout the 16 weeks.
Buena Park, CA; Lenexa, KS; Alliance, TX; Cedar Hill, TX; Milwaukee, WI; Atlanta, GA; Statesville, NC; Columbus, OH; Manchester, CT.
As a leader in training, you will receive exposure to all functions within a facility as well as an in-depth understanding of one area of responsibility. You will have on the job experiences in all departments, develop your leadership capabilities by co-supervising in an assigned department, and benefit from formal training consisting of leadership development classes. As part of the facility team, you will experience first-hand the daily operations of a jcp logistics center and be actively engaged in inventory flow and the Lean process. You will utilize this training to pinpoint and lead an actual project to help improve the operations in your assigned department. This project will be presented to your facility leadership during the final week of the program.
Upon completion of the program, you will have gained the knowledge needed to lead an hourly team and influence the entire jcp supply chain network to do the fast-paced work required to run our supply chain facilities as safely, efficiently, and most profitability as possible. If you prove you have what it takes to make a great leader during your training, you may receive an offer for a leadership position in one of our facilities nationwide.
what you’ll gain
what we require of candidates
- Personal and professional development.
- Meaningful real-world work experience.
- Exposure to senior leadership and strategic business activities and decisions.
- Coaching and feedback from an assigned mentor.
- Countless networking opportunities.
- A competitive advantage resulting from your practical experiences.
- Completion of a 4-year degree by May 2013.
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher.
- You are majoring in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering, Operations, or Business Administration.
- You are open to relocation for your first leadership assignment.
- You possess strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- You are a chameleon. You can change directions on a dime.
- You thrive in a team environment.
J. C. Penney - 24 months ago