DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Provides administrative support for the CEO, the Leadership Team, and others as necessary in the organization including typing, faxing, copying, composing and proofreading correspondence, indexing and filing documents, coordination of calendars and events, etc.
• Serves as receptionist for the Consolidated Service Center (CSC) including greeting guests, maintaining the visitor log and identification badges, answering telephone lines and inquires, refers callers/visitors to appropriate individuals, etc.
• Compiles reports from data and existing records, and summarized researched information as requested (reports include, but are not limited to, SMAT summaries, budget summaries, operational plans or updates)
• Participates on (and may lead) the Employee Activities Committee, and coordinates the various employee activities throughout the year, coordinates employee recognition (Galaxy of Stars and birthday celebrations), and assists the Leadership Team with the Core Value of Employee-Focused
• Develops and implements office procedures related to coordination of interoffice communication, records, supplies, etc.
• Assists in the approval of staff level and management Kronos time records
• Ensures adequacy of office supplies and equipment
• Schedules/coordinates meetings, appointments and travel arrangements
• Assists other staff as requested
• Attends meetings as assigned and records minutes as requested (such as the monthly Managers’ Meeting)
• Participates in educational activities and programs
• Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement (Core Values)"
• Performs other typical or similar administrative duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Communication – must communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; must maintain the strictest confidentiality
• Customer Focused – must understand who the customer is and must establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Employee Focused – must understand the value of all of our employees and must work to establish and maintain solid relationships, building trust and respect with our employees
• Interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills – must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and other applications as required
• Policies & Procedures – must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile financial reports, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
High school diploma or GED required
• Associate’s degree in business administration or completion of secretarial program preferred
At least t
hree years of administrative assistance experience is required
• One year in a health care organization preferred
• Relevant education may substitute experience requirement
HCA Inc - 18 months ago