GrafTech International Holdings Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers of carbon and graphite products for industrial applications in a diverse array of industries: metal production, electronics, chemicals, aerospace and transportation, among others. We operate in 20 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities strategically located on four continents with our corporate headquarters located in Cleveland (Parma), OH. We sell to customers in about 80 countries worldwide.
We have an immediate opening for a Supply Chain Planner. This assignment will provide a rich experience in a wide range of businesses, manufacturing operations and supply chain positions located in Clarksburg, WV. The primary function of this position will be to integrate information from sales, operations, finance, transportation and purchasing in order to create and maintain the supply chain plan with the optimum use of capacity and inventory across the entire Engineered Solutions division.
- Strong coordination of production schedules, forecasts, determining material requirements, management of finished goods/output and distribution plans in a manufacturing environment.
- Manage inventory levels for specific products and raw materials, coordinating efforts with Purchasing, Planning and/or Sales.
- Establish and maintain the appropriate stocking and manufacturing strategy for all products taking into account production lead-times, and balancing the risk of lost sales against inventory carrying costs.
- Work on projects that improve the supply chain processes and productivity using knowledge of six sigma and/or lean manufacturing.
- Demonstrate multidisciplinary skills by reviewing existing procedures and/or practices and examine opportunities to streamline production, purchasing, warehousing, distribution and financial forecasting to meet the company needs and improve customer satisfaction.
- Work with IT and project team to implement Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system solutions at select operations
- With experience, must be able to not only develop solutions but also to drive the implementation across functional areas, through vendor organizations and/or supply chain partners.
- With experience, become the functional expert in all supply chain management software systems and provide recommendations and requirements to future enhancements. Functions include communicating with software vendors and consultants, developing system requirements, reporting requirements, interfacing with other analysts and developers, and communicating needs of business and technical functions. Success will be based on simultaneously acquiring knowledge of the business processes, supply chain management best practices, the capabilities of the ERP system, along with the ability to communicate well between technical and business groups.
- Four year BA/BS degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Must be able to gain full expertise and working knowledge of specific ERP system within 6 months.
- Must be able to become Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and/or Certified in Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) within one year of hire.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills needed to deal effectively with many different levels of operations, management, external suppliers, and business partners, and an ability to work independently and effortlessly across organizational boundaries.
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic, common sense approach to problem solving.
- Authorized to work for US employer
We offer a competitive salary (including incentive program) and benefits package commensurate with experience and the opportunity to join a well-established organization. If you thrive in a challenging environment and have a proven track record in achieving results, come join our worldwide organization. For immediate consideration, please apply via this website or use the GrafTech Careers page to create a profile and apply.
- Previous in depth working knowledge of any major ERP system.
- Previous experience of work in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- CPIM and/or CSCP certified.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing practices.
For additional company information, please visit our website at www.graftech.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
GrafTech International Ltd. - 9 months ago