Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. The Garden Group, providing sales support and logistics for both proprietary brands and other consumer recognized brands, is searching for an energetic Planner - Pottery primarily responsibility for inventory management and purchasing administration for assigned products within policy guidelines to achieve objectives for inventory investment and customer service to join our Décor purchasing team located in Taunton, MA.
- Determine purchasing requirements based on forecast, sales activity, inventory levels and purchase order schedules. Project future inventory positions, reconcile to inventory policy guidelines and initiate corrective actions to insure that inventories remain within policy for inventory investment and customer service.
- Manage purchase orders with suppliers. Initiate purchase order confirmations; issue purchase orders; monitor open purchase orders and maintain an on-going status of orders with suppliers. Determine rescheduling priorities and cancellations as necessary.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of vendor lead times, capabilities and capacities to provide product. Understand vendor calendars and timetables and incorporate this into inventory plans.
- Monitor shipments from vendors through receipt at distribution facilities. Coordinate and communicate information on priorities to ensure that customer service objectives are fulfilled.
- Manage and coordinate programs for assigned key customers. Coordinate with other planners and appropriate Sales personnel to insure Key Account Programs are executed across all vendors and areas of responsibility. Report program status to management, identifying issues and delays.
- Participate in forecasting wholesale demand. Recommend changes to forecasts based on historical data, trends and other relevant factors.
- Create twelve month rolling supply plan based on forecast and facilitate the supply review meeting with members of the organization.
CENTRAL GARDEN & PET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- 5+ years experience in inventory planning for a wholesale importer, preferably for a consumer products company with high seasonal demand of finished goods, long lead times and variable production capacities.
- Ability to communicate effectively is essential.
- Strong mathematical skills with ability to understand complex forecasting and inventory models. Solid PC and Excel worksheet skills. Working knowledge of SAP and Cognos are extremely helpful. Experience with DRP, inventory management, and purchasing systems.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to make decisions and recommendations.
- Degree in business administration or management, mathematics, economics or equivalent experience.
- APICS or CPM certification is desirable but not required.
Central Garden & Pet is happy to help with both pets and pests. The company is among the largest US producers and distributors of lawn,...