The incumbent will make Supply Chain (SC) decisions and provide inputs into integrated SC designs for Sasol Gas-to-Liquids (GTL), GTL Value Added Initiatives, and Chemical projects in Lake Charles, Louisiana. A strong emphasis is placed on this role’s interaction and inputs within multi functional project work streams.
On a tactical/operation level, the incumbent will work in multi discipline project teams to optimize SC designs, with regards to SC networks and infrastructure requirements as well as the SC processes to support the efficient and cost effective SC configuration on a macro and micro level. The incumbent will be part of all supply chain decisions and inputs pertaining to the Sasol Lake Charles projects and also be responsible for commercial activities relating to the supply chain function, including the related utility and site interfaces.
- Application of SC & Logistics principles within the business and projects, and ensure that SC is integrated in these business areas.
- Develop SC (inbound, on site, outbound, oversized/overweight equipment, etc) designs and provide input and guidance on GTL & Chemicals project ventures.
- Develop an understanding of SC & logistics realities in Lake Charles, Louisiana and North America.
- Give guidance to external Supply Chain consultants supporting and conducting studies on the projects.
- Coordinate and collaborate within the Sasol supply chain centre of excellence to ensure best practice application, governance and integrity of the SC designs.
- Continuous engagement, influencing and participation in the project.
- Establish external networks with integral parties and suppliers that underpin the supply chain design requirements.
- Engage and negotiate with external 3 rd party service providers.
- Engage all project work streams to give inputs and receive inputs.
- Inbound and outbound SC strategy aligned to business strategy. Develop and ensure optimal long term capacity planning in terms of infrastructure and volume growth, SC setup with allocation and usage of tanks, product transport volumes between dedicated origins and destinations and type of transport carriers.
- Engage in commercial activity for supply chain related interfaces, infrastructure as well as utility supply to the site.
- Identify SC design best practices, benchmarks and opportunities to incorporate in the Lake Charles supply chain design.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Management or related field.
- Familiarity with SC design principles, i.e. channel strategy and design, network strategy and design, storage facilities basic design, safety and environmental practical implications, sustainable SCs
- Cumulative 4-6 years experience after tertiary qualification
- 4+ years of SC related experience (SC design, development and operations)
- Analytical modeling and analysis techniques
- Knowledge of the chemicals/energy industry
- Knowledge of governance principles that will ensure a successful SC design project
- An understanding of generic business implementation and project execution methodology
- Utilizing consultant resources to ensure deliverables
- Project Management
Sasol North America - 24 months ago
Being all over the map is just fine with a company like Sasol North America, which is a part of South African diversified chemical giant...