B usiness Unit: Crop Protection, Ames IA
Reports To: Director IT & Supply Chain
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Analyze supply chain data and processes to identify and recommend efficiencies and improvements to business processes, information technology systems and the supply chain. This position requires interaction with system users, management, suppliers and frequent communication with the information technology team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Documents business and functional requirements while understanding and uncovering process issues.
- Analyzes supply chain data, using methods such as data mining, data modeling and cost benefit analysis.
- Applies analytic methods or tools to understand, predict and control supply chain costs, operations or processes.
- Focuses on understanding the needs of the business as a whole and identifies initiatives that will meet these needs.
- Confers with supply chain teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, improve efficiency and manage costs.
- Evaluates and prioritizes proposed process and system improvement projects.
- For proposed system improvements, provides information to technology team with detailed requirements for the proposed change.
- Develops and maintains models for supply chain uses such as budgeting, cost estimating and demand forecasting.
- Prepares supply chain reporting metrics.
- Performs project management duties to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
- Documents programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Other duties or projects that may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Proficient organizational, analysis, and project management skills and abilities; Maintains confidentiality and works with integrity; Supports organizational goals; Possesses strong written and oral communication abilities and interpersonal skills; Follows instruction, meets deadlines; Possesses willingness to work long hours if needed to meet deadlines and achieve goals; Copes positively in stressful circumstances; Maintains most current knowledge of computers and programs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience - Bachelor’s Degree; or, specialized education/training; or three years experience in a supply chain system or business analyst position; or, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business reports, documents, data, and technical procedures. Ability to write summaries, reports, business correspondence, and procedure instructions. Ability to clearly and effectively present information and business needs, and respond to questions from groups of managers, the IT team, coworkers, system users, and other applicable groups.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, ratio, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out procedures and instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Computer Skills – Experience in Microsoft Office programs; Must possess excellent Excel skills to include charts, graphs and pivot tables. SQL skills are also important. Thorough understanding of web based applications; Data presentation and quantitative data analysis experience would be beneficial.
Other Skills and Abilities - Prior experience gathering business requirements, and in data analysis and data mining. Experience documenting business and functional requirements.
United Suppliers - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
United Suppliers, founded in 1963, is a wholesale organization based in the rural community of Eldora, Iowa. We are owned by agricultural...