Become an elite member of a fast growing, highly
motivated team and contribute to truly cutting edge
technology. At Digital Signal Corporation (DSC), we
develop breakthrough technology solutions. The Company
is composed of scientists, engineers, software experts,
and business leaders who invent, design, and supply
solutions to industry and government. We are seeking
highly motivated and dedicated individuals who are
interested in solving challenging problems and work well
in a fast paced environment.
DSC is rapidly growing and we have an opportunity for a
Supply Planning & Scheduling Manager- Master Planner in
our manufacturing group at our Chantilly, VA location.
Qualified candidates must be able to work well in a
small company atmosphere and have excellent
The Supply Planning & Scheduling Manager will have the
ability, both independently and through others, to
ensure the proper execution of DSC’s supply planning and
scheduling functions, and possess a deep understanding
of the planning process and how this relates to
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
for items in the MRP.
- Maintain accuracy of forecast and control order levels
effectively controlling changes in new revision part
- Determine stock levels for all line items, while
stock due to obsolescence or engineering.
- Control of material stream for NPI and pilot products.
- Input weekly forecast updates for senior management
- Generate top level plans insuring capacity and demands
- Generate master production schedule.
- Generate production plan for all areas, in line with
- Review and maintain production lead times and update
manufacturing regarding anticipated machine or manpower
- Conduct capacity planning and provide input to
and subcontracted parts supply stream.
- Take ownership and be responsible for the manufactured
- Identify and reduce excess and obsolete inventory.
- Oversee the removal of items identified for disposal.
- Analyze excess and obsolete items, and implement plans
- Maintain current part lead times and critical item
improve order compliance and MRP schedule adherence.
- Integral and key driver of S&OP process.
- Structure and hold manufacturing planning meetings to
part shortages and production schedules.
- Generate KPI’s for OTD, Aging orders, MRP compliance,
selection of ERP requirements and any additional
- Generate “what if” reports as required.
- Implement and sustain the scheduling tools. Input to
software to enable effective operation of scheduling
Assist in supply chain resolution.
- Run finite capacity planning and identify bottlenecks.
utilization of resources and identify any additional
- Work closely with departmental managers to optimize
reduce cycle times).
- Produce achievable plans balancing demand and capacity
- Optimize inventory levels (Strategic stock holding to
ensuring capacity is planned and schedule adherence is
- Provide economic and effective manufacturing planning.
- Balance capacity and demand plan.
- Provide production schedules, for each cost centre,
process to insure delivery of the master production
- Publication of performance through KPI’s and reports.
- Ensure all planners work in a controlled and uniform
- Education: BS or BA degree. (Supply Chain
a complex fabrication and assembly environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years of hands on scheduling in
- Experience with automated MRP and production
PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook)
- Excellent computer skills (Word, MS Project, Excel,
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service
energy. Can do Attitude
- Determined, with a high level of initiative and
time; frequently required to move about to access file
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of
cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier,
fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach
overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 30 lbs.
close vision and use of computer monitor screens a great
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
deal of time.
or balance, and crouch.
- Ability to reach within hands and arms length, climb
office area with ability to frequently work in a
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an
Digital Signal Corporation is an Affirmative Action and
- The noise level in this environment is low/moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a friendly,
business environment with a competitive salary and
benefits package. All job offers are contingent upon
successful completion of background and reference
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) - 15 months ago