Amazon was recently voted #5 most admired company in the US, #1 most innovative, and #1 in Customer Service. Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Developer Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS Developer Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services such as Amazon S3 and Amazon EC2. The team is a self-standing P&L with our ability to drive both Amazon Free Cash Flow and world class customer experience. We have a team of talented engineers located in 3 countries around the world, and are growing rapidly.
We are seeking a leader for our Herndon, Virginia (Washington, DC area) Developer Support team. The individual should have strong operational, leadership and technical skills to lead a team of technical support engineers. You'll represent Amazon and AWS as your team fields technical inquiries from customers who want help using AWS services. You'll work directly with AWS engineering teams to ensure a high quality, fast resolution customer experience. You'll be responsible for measuring and driving operational excellence. You'll drive customer communication during AWS critical events and drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers technical support experience.
- Passionate about the growth and success of AWS customers.
- Experience in managing technical support teams and will also have a record of driving projects to improve support-related processes and the technical support experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, which will be key in driving customer communication during AWS critical events.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML)
- Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows)
- Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing)
- Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
- Track record of achieving balance in innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, EE or equivalent
- Deep experience with AWS service offerings
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
Amazon Web Services is hiring. For more information: http://aws.amazon.com/careers/
Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy...