The primary focus of this position is to sustain an exceptional level of customer service while providing IT technical support to resolve trouble tickets and complete service requests for ADA staff nationwide. This includes creating, updating and completing service tickets received by email and telephone. Support areas include: hardware and OS support for PC desktop; printers; remote access, select telecom, network, and application support issues. This position is located in our Home Office in Alexandria, VA and will report to the Associate Director, Support Services.
1. Microsoft Windows Server 2003/Active Directory
- Provide desktop support for Home Office, Field Office and Home- based Office staff, within the following environment:
2. Outlook 2007-2010/Exchange Server 2010
3. LAN/WAN Access
4. Broadband-VPN (both client and hardware)
5. Wireless connection – including Air Cards & Blackberries
6. McAfee Virus Scan/Endpoint Encryption
7. Microsoft Office 2007/2010
8. Windows XP/Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Provide superior customer service, corrective analysis, diagnosis, and resolution for complex customer support issues with the effective use of remote access tools, e.g., PCAnywhere, and a ticket workflow tool, e.g., HEAT.
- Provide assistance to ADA staff in the usage of industry standard/customized software and hardware.
- Other projects and assignments as needed.
pursuing developmental work assignments and completing authorized in-house or
- Associates Degree required
- IT Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- MCITP certificate preferred
- A+ certificate preferred
- At least three years Tier 2 help desk experience in a multi office environment
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 environment experience
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 7 Operating System
- In-depth knowledge of Office 2007/2010
- In-depth knowledge of multiple technical platforms
- In-depth knowledge of multiple complex business application software packages
- In-depth analytical and problem resolution skills
- Continuous demonstration of excellent customer service skills
- Continuous demonstration of increasing customer service and technical skills by
other educational programs.
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, a true focus on work-life balance, training and support from your team leaders, and the latest resources available to ensure that you succeed in meeting your goals and objectives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong Team Player
- Must be able to work 12pm-8pm as required
An equal opportunity employer.
“Together we can Stop Diabetes”
American Diabetes Association - 16 months ago