This is a senior, highly visible administrative position. Individuals assigned to this level must have proven ability in exercising discretion, good judgment, tact, and resourcefulness in previous administrative positions. Must have experience working independently representing ESC and the Department Manager professionally in various environments. The ability to handle proprietary, sensitive data without compromise is required. Must have a thorough knowledge of office procedures and expert word processing, spreadsheet, work process and presentation software skills using software adopted as standard by the organization or department
The Support Services Administrator will be the focal point for ESC Customer Service Office while performing as the administrative assistant to the Support Services Department Manager. The SSPA will provide customer-friendly attention to various support requests from ESC, contractor and NASA customers. Written and verbal communications along with special attentiveness to customer needs are imperative in this role. Candidate is expected to work with minimal supervision focusing on customer requirements including schedules, services, products and responsiveness.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Manage and maintain Department Manager’s schedule, itineraries and meeting agendas
2. Performs a wide range of administrative and clerical duties including, but not limited to, preparation of correspondence, reports, charts and tables, presentations, and other documentation; filing; tracking and submission of time records; dictation; and composition of own correspondence.
3. Maintains records and databases for Support Services personnel
4. Focal point for conference room scheduling and audio set up, key requests and government vehicle management
5. Executes administrative policies for the organization, department, or unit.
6. Receives incoming calls, takes messages, and arranges appointments and meetings. Arranges for adequate telephone coverage when not present to take calls.
7. Compiles reports and prepares agendas and background materials.
8. Coordinates special projects by developing project plans and schedules.
9. Interacts frequently with staff and outside representatives in explaining requirements and maintaining necessary liaison.
10. Attends organization, department, or unit meetings. May collect minutes and distribute proceedings to attendees. May conduct staff meetings to coordinate required actions.
11. Works well with others and handles day-to-day situations with an acceptable, reasonable approach.
• Have excellent customer service skills using “Customer First” philosophy
• Be proficient with project management tools including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word
• Familiar with Maximo desirable
• Have an understanding of business, budgetary, scheduling, and data management practices
• Assist in the monitoring of project budgets, costs and scheduling
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, ability to work with minimal direction
• Have excellent organizational and time management skills and schedule flexibility are a must
Education & Experience:
Project administrator 2 requires an AA degree with a minimum of 4 years of related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Project administrator 3 requires a BS degree with a minimum of 8 years of related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), a space systems engineering, science and IT services company, was founded in 1994. Headquartered in...