People Incorporated Mental Health Services is searching for a Housing Support Specialist in our Homeless Services division. We assist chronically homeless adults with a mental illness to achieve their goals relate|
d to safety, stability and recovery. For chronically homeless individuals living on the street, the transition from the street to permanent housing is made in stages and staff work to create a service environment where individuals feel at ease, out of danger, with flexible program services to meet their needs. Safe Haven Services-Hennepin is a transitional housing program for people who experience chronic homelessness. We are a 10 bed, board & lodge style facility that utilizes a harm reduction approach.
Shifts are every other Friday and Saturday overnight 3:00pm - 11:30pm.
The Housing Support Specialist position provides a wide range of supportive services. Some responsibilities will be to:
Staff will be required to participate in regular staff meetings and required trainings.
- Develop and model independent living skills
- Teach management of medication
- Support during crisis
- Monitor and document behavior
- Preparing meals
- Support goal plan actions
- Assist with mental illness symptoms
- High School diploma/GED
- 4,000 hours of work experience in human services
- Experience working with adults who experience homelessness
- College degree in behavior science
- Experience in providing direct services to adults with serious and persistent mental illness and or chemical dependency in a community setting
- Experience in case management
- Knowledgeable about and have experience with medication administration
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to cook/prepare meals for 10 recipients