The Support Specialist-Community/Residential is responsible for the following job functions:
- Provides daily living skills instruction to patients in group and individual settings including but not limited to: home management, (laundry, cleaning, shopping, budgeting and payeeships, etc) and self care management (bathing, dressing, grooming, nutrition, medication-consistency, assisting with medical follow up/attending medical appointments, stress management, problem-solving and coping skills, etc) within scope of practice
- Routinely observes and assesses patient functioning and reports to treatment team and/or supervisory staff
- Provides crisis management and emergency interventions including, but not limited to: CPR, CPI, and airway obstruction procedures within area-specific established procedure limits and scope of practice
- Performs selected nursing procedures consistent with Midtown CMHC/Wishard Health Services, including but not limited to: performing vital signs, collecting specimens, monitoring nutritional status and other such duties as assigned by supervisor and within scope of practice
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment at all times through on-going assessment of milieu and intervenes as indicated in treatment plan, and by nursing or physician order
- Provides written/electronic documentation of observations or interactions
- Provides case management and crisis intervention services under direction of treatment team.
- Ensures the timely completion of all client documentation per policy
- Meets productivity goal as set forth by the agency.
- Maintains minimum productivity standard per policy
- Advocates for clients to ensure access to needed services
- Monitors client progress, reporting to the team successes and challenges
- Within scope of practice, assists other team members in covering client needs
- High School Diploma with a minimum of two years experience in a human services area, teaching and observing, Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field preferred, or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Social Work or related field
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License required
- Private automobile required
Eskenazi Health - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Eskenazi Health is one of America’s five largest safety net health systems with nearly 1 million outpatient visits each year. Eskenazi...