Our clients have bright futures...you can too!
Fraser, a Minnesota non-profit organization provides comprehensive education, healthcare, and housing services to children and adults with special needs. It is our vision to build a world where all people have equal opportunity and choice to realize their dreams to live, work, learn and play as members of our community.
Overview: The Home and Community Supports Program is seeking a qualified Supportive Living Direct Support Professional/PCA to assist with daily living activities for our clients in the client's home and/or in the community in a manner that complies with the vision and mission of Fraser. The Direct Support Professionals/PCA s position have the opportunity to make a difference through assisting clients with personal cares, transferring/ mobility, light housekeeping, and may assist with necessary developmental goals like maintenance therapy and respond effectively to behavioral situations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
1) Provide direct support services to meet the health and safety needs of the individuals served.
2) Develop effective working relationships with the individuals receiving services and their families while maintaining professional boundaries.
3) Promote the mission and values of Fraser while providing service in family homes and the surrounding community.
4) Follow all Fraser policies, procedures, and licensing/regulation guidelines.
5) Complete documentation as outlined in the regulations and in accordance with Fraser policies and procedures
The location for this full-time role is Hopkins. The shift is Sunday 2:00PM-9:00AM Monday (overnight asleep), 2:15PM-8:00PM Monday, 3:00PM-8:00PM Tuesday, 4:30PM-8:30PM Thursday, and every other Friday 4:30PM-8:30PM.
ABOUT THE CLIENTS: This staff will be working in two different locations:
The first location has three female clients. All are diagnosed with developmental disabilities. One client is very crafty and outspoken. She also loves to be active in her community. She needs physical assistance with mobility and uses a walker and three pronged cane. The second client is very talkative and inquisitive. She is sensitive and enjoys spending time with her family and she also likes to exercise! The third client loves animals and going into the community. She needs assistance with coping skills to prevent elopement from the program. This position requires a very active and creative individual.
The second location has two female clients. Both are diagnosed with developmental disabilities. One client is very extroverted and outgoing. She enjoys community activities and strives to be more independent. The other client enjoys technology and arts/crafts. She also loves Disney music and making lists. Staff needs to be able to set limits and have strong follow through skills. There is a history of physical aggression between clients and towards staff. Possibility of a third roommate moving in in the future.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL FRASER EMPLOYEES:
1) Serve as an example of the Fraser Employee Credo: “I am passionate for the client. I am committed to success. I value relationships.”
2) Comply with all Fraser policies and procedure requirements, and any applicable regulations.
3) Serve as an advocate for clients served.
4) Actively support Fraser’s mission, strategies and change initiatives. This position is open until filled.
1) Must be 18 years of age or older
2) Minimum 6 months paid or unpaid experience with children of any need-level (children with typical needs or children with special needs) or 6 months paid or unpaid experience with adults with special needs
3) Valid Minnesota driver's license and satisfactory driving record required for role
4) Ability to lift 80 pounds and carry 50 pounds
5) Physical stamina to lift and transfer some clients and to keep-up with others
This position is posted at www.fraser.org/employment until filled.
In addition to serving with passion for our clients, Fraser also has growth in mind. Our diverse range of services, our established partnerships within the community, the innovation used in providing services, and the foundational values of respect and quality lead Fraser to experience continued growth and success. In 2011, Fraser experienced approximately 5% employee growth. This gives us strength as an organization, even in tough economic times.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.
Fraser - 13 months ago