Our clients have bright futures...you can too!
Fraser, a Minnesota non-profit organization provides comprehensive education, healthcare, and housing services to children and adults with special needs. It is our vision to build a world where all people have equal opportunity and choice to realize their dreams to live, work, learn and play as members of our community.
Overview: The Home and Community Supports Program is seeking a qualified Supportive Living Direct Support Professional/PCA to assist with daily living activities for our clients in the client's home and/or in the community in a manner that complies with the vision and mission of Fraser. The Direct Support Professionals/PCA s position have the opportunity to make a difference through assisting clients with personal cares, transferring/ mobility, light housekeeping, and may assist with necessary developmental goals like maintenance therapy and respond effectively to behavioral situations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB:
1) Provide direct support services to meet the health and safety needs of the individuals served.
2) Develop effective working relationships with the individuals receiving services and their families while maintaining professional boundaries.
3) Promote the mission and values of Fraser while providing service in family homes and the surrounding community.
4) Follow all Fraser policies, procedures, and licensing/regulation guidelines.
5) Complete documentation as outlined in the regulations and in accordance with Fraser policies and procedures
The location for this full-time role is St. Paul. This full-time weekend lead shift is Friday 10:00PM-Sunday 2:00PM.
ABOUT THE CLIENTS: two female clients. The first client is diagnosed with Autism and the second is diagnosed with mild to moderate DD. They need support with daily living skills, appointments, community activities, medication administration, and implementation of goals. Additional clients may move into additional apartments. Driving is required for this role.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL FRASER EMPLOYEES:
1) Serve as an example of the Fraser Employee Credo: “I am passionate for the client. I am committed to success. I value relationships.”
2) Comply with all Fraser policies and procedure requirements, and any applicable regulations.
3) Serve as an advocate for clients served.
4) Actively support Fraser’s mission, strategies and change initiatives. This position is open until filled.
1) Must be 18 years of age or older.
2) Minimum 6 months paid or unpaid experience with children of any need-level (children with typical needs or children with special needs) or 6 months paid or unpaid experience with adults with special needs.
3) Valid Minnesota driver's license and satisfactory driving record required for role.
4) Ability to lift 80 pounds and carry 50 pounds.
5) Physical stamina to lift and transfer some clients and to keep-up with others.
This position will be posted at www.fraser.org/employment until filled.
In addition to serving with passion for our clients, Fraser also has growth in mind. Our diverse range of services, our established partnerships within the community, the innovation used in providing services, and the foundational values of respect and quality lead Fraser to experience continued growth and success. In 2011, Fraser experienced approximately 5% employee growth. This gives us strength as an organization, even in tough economic times.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.
Fraser - 14 months ago