Davis Vision is owned by HVHC Inc., which also owns the newest and most technologically advanced laboratories in the United States, hundreds of retail vision stores, and an international frame design company. Our integrated approach provides a greater understanding of the entire vision industry, allowing us to offer tremendous economies of scale and the best total value to our clients and members.
We have an immediate need for a qualified individual for the position of Accounting Supervisor. The Supervisor will assist with month end financial closing as well as various detailed account analysis and financial statement preparation. Responsible for supervising one staff accountant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Assist with month end closing including: Consolidation of Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
· Preparation and/or review of approximately 50 journal entries and entry to Solomon General Ledger.
· Preparation and/or review of approximately 50 balance sheet reconciliations.
· Preparation and/or review of monthly/quarterly intercompany and corporate reports.
· Oversight/assist with Broker Commission process, Sales & Use Tax Filings, and Property Tax Filings.
· Oversight/assist with Fixed Asset Maintenance in FAS 500 inventory software.
· Perform staff accountants’ annual performance evaluations.
· Assist with financial statement preparation including analytical analysis.
· Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
· Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
· Support interim and annual external audit requests.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Accounting Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
· CPA license required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· Minimum four years accounting experience in various areas of accounting.
· Big 4 Accounting firm experience preferred.
· Inventory and Sales & Use Tax experience preferred.
· Microsoft Dynamics (Solomon) GL, FAS 500 Inventory Software, Hyperion and Access/Crystal Reports database knowledge preferred.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals and various correspondence from both internal and external parties.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively, both individually and before groups of both external customers and/or various levels of Associates within the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent’s as well as prepare and understand various accounting analysis and reconciliations.
· Ability to solve practical problems.
· Ability to prepare and analyze data and prioritize work effectively.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Detail oriented with exceptional accounting, analytical and organizational skills.
· Proactive and Team player with “Whatever it Takes” attitude.
· Strong interpersonal/communication skills with ability to handle various internal and external inquiries.
· Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com . You can also apply online by visiting our website at www.davisvision.com/careers .
In addition to a competitive compensation, Davis Vision strives to provide an appealing work environment and comprehensive benefits package that meets the needs of our associates and their families. If you are interested in becoming part of a family that regards their associates as professionals and invests in their employees by offering training and coaching, then you’ll want to be a part of the Davis Vision family. EOE. Committed to a drug free and smoke-free workplace.