Provides leadership for the coordination of all specialties & ancillaries in the multi-specialty medical center on his or her shift. The role supports the Medical Center Administrative Director to achieve market leading performance in the areas of clinical quality, market growth, financial performance & member satisfaction with the care experience. Works closely with facilities to ensure the Multidisciplinary Medical Center is in excellent condition & provides an environment that is welcoming, therapeutic & professional.
- Provides, articulates, & integrates a vision that aligns operational activities & strategic targets w/ organizational mission, vision & values for the Multi-specialty Medical Center at Capitol Hill.
- Manages & monitors performance by facilitating problem solving & conflict resolution relating to all operational issues.
- Manages relationships within the Medical Center & service lines to enhance team work & accountability for the effective delivery of service across the continuum of care. This includes, but is not limited to: ancillary services, call center, medical delivery system (hospital & sub-acute), products, provider services & quality resource management.
- Supports initiatives to manage & measure clinical quality. Supports the identification, evaluation, & monitoring of quality & service performance goals. Ensures compliance w/ internal policies & with external regulatory, licensing, & accrediting agencies, including health information management.
- Leverages resources & manages financial & non-financial resources & information. Shares best practices, recognizes & capitalizes on size, scale, & capabilities, & continuously seeks opportunities to improve fiscal performance. Assist w/ financial performance management & supports Service Line Directors' budgets. Champions & ensures continuous improvement in all operational activities:
- Support initiatives that monitor appointment access, patient flow activities & implementation of actions that assure coordinated care between departments.
- Provides immediate service recovery for member concerns and resolves in a timely and effective manner.
- Supports initiatives relating to disaster response and employee health and safety.
- Represent and participate in community benefit events and service organizations to create a climate of civic responsibility within Medical Center.
- Promotes staff development and acts as a role model.
- Manages available information technology systems (KP Health Connect, Payroll applications, and medical applications).
- In partnership with Facilities Operations Leaders, ensures the maintenance of a safe and secure environment for customers and staff.
- A minimum of 5 years of current clinical experience in an acute care environment plus 2 years of supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated clinical and managerial competence appropriate to area(s) of responsibility is required.
- Bachelor's of science in nursing degree required (must be completed within 18 months of hire).
- Current RN license in appropriate jurisdiction required.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- Familiarity with all pertinent laws, regulations, and standards of nursing practice is required.
- Demonstrated competence with financial management principles and standard software applications in a Windows environment is required.
- Masters preferred
- Critical Care, Emergency Room nursing experience preferred. • PALS preferred.
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....