PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to manage the Safety and Quality Program for the Engineering, Maintenance, and Facility Services departments as required by GMP facilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
' Direct, plan, schedule and report all activities as it relates to maintenance repairs. This includes all demand, preventive, predictive and calibration activities.
' Counsel and develop personnel, which includes reviews, training, and educating.
' Communicate accomplished work by establishing priorities and tracking metrics.
' Evaluate Personnel performance and provide Guidance.
' Stay current on Technological changes.
' Stay current on Environmental, Compliance, and Safety issues.
Education: Bachelor Degree (Engineering Preferred).
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of related maintenance experience
Must have all of the following behavioral skills/abilities:
1. Ability to use the Management of Change Process effectively.
2. Ability to use good documentation practices.
3. Ability to direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
4. Ability to communicate using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to use excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to generate and lead process improvements.
7. Ability to use excellent organizational and 5S skills.
8. Ability to use excellent leadership skills.
9. Ability to use self-motivation and high productivity skills.
10. Ability to accept direction and meet deadlines
Direct, plan, schedule and report all activities as it relates to maintenance repairs. This includes all demand, preventive, predictive and calibration activities. Must be able to:
1. Plan, schedule and direct all work.
2. Report on progress against established maintenance work metrics.
3. Account for all work and activities, issue financial & regulatory reports.
4. Manage the work order backlog.
5. Calibration focus. Knowledgeable in Calibration standards for scale, balance, analytical lab equipment.
Counsel and develop personnel, which includes reviews, training, and educating. Must be able to:
1. Develop personnel by identifying training needs and providing required training.
2. Counsel personnel to resolve conflicts, and personal problems.
3. Have a development plan for each employee.
4. Develop leadership and management skills through training and education.
5. Lead maintenance technicians in Process Improvement activities.
Communicate accomplished work by establishing priorities and tracking metrics. Must be able to:
1. Communicate the work to be done completely and clearly with craftsmen
2. Use goal setting and delegation methods.
3. Support decision-making at the lowest possible level.
4. Conduct communication meetings with technicians on a weekly basis.
5. Establish/Manage Process/ Facility systems metrics to track operation.
Evaluate Personnel performance and provide Guidance. Must be able to:
1. Handle performance evaluations and provide guidance to employee.
2. Handle discipline and use positive reinforcement with proper documentation.
3. Provide proper attendance recordkeeping, review and approve time cards and manage attendance.
4. Set goals for each employee. And provide feedback on their performance.
5. Establish personal development plans for each employee.
Stay current on Technological changes. Must be able to:
1. Attend technical seminars, trade shows, etc.
2. Review literature in your field.
3. Improve personal certification in field of responsibility.
4. Improve personal compitentency in another discipline(s).
Stay current on Environmental, Compliance, and Safety issues. Must be able to:
1. Attend safety meetings and seminars and assure employees do also.
2. Complete environmental training sessions and assure employees do also.
3. Complete process safety management training and assure your employees do also.
4. Conduct toolbox safety meetings.
5. Maintain exemplary housekeeping in areas of responsibility.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after hours duty. Must be able to work independently on a variety of shifts.
Must be able to walk, stand, reach above the shoulders, use a cellular phone, use feet to operate equipment, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, use hands to operate tools and equipment. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and additional weight with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to wear a hard hat, safety shoes, eye protection, hearing protection, a safety harness, protective clothing and gloves, respirator and face shield. Must have valid drivers license and requires operation of company vehicles. Must be able to work at varying heights.
About Sigma-Aldrich: Sigma-Aldrich is a leading Life Science and High Technology company whose biochemical, organic chemical products, kits and services are used in scientific research, including genomic and proteomic research, biotechnology, pharmaceutical development, the diagnosis of disease and as key components in pharmaceutical, diagnostics and high technology manufacturing. Sigma-Aldrich customers include more than 1.3 million scientists and technologists in life science companies, university and government institutions, hospitals and industry. The Company operates in 35 countries and has nearly 9,000 employees whose objective is to provide excellent service worldwide. Sigma-Aldrich is committed to accelerating customer success through innovation and leadership in Life Science and High Technology. For more information about Sigma-Aldrich, please visit its website at www.sigma-aldrich.com.
Sigma-Aldrich offers a highly motivational and rewarding working environment with attractive salary, benefits, retirement, relocation and incentive packages including tuition reimbursement. Sigma-Aldrich fosters the growth of employees in a culture of respect and dignity with ample opportunity for career advancement.
Sigma-Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation - 2 years ago
Check the shelves of any research (or mad) scientist and you'll likely find Sigma-Aldrich's chemical products. The company is a...