Reporting to their immediate Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for their performance during work hours, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with Company policies and procedures and appropriately rated per FAR 65.81 and 65.83. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise all maintenance activity during shift, providing proper direction to ensure sound decisions are being made. Ensure repairs and work practices are adequately performed IAW applicable methods to ensure safety and to avoid repeats.
- Receive detailed turnover from out-going shift ensuring full knowledge of required activity and in-process work status. Follow up and address turnover items as required.
- Provide shift personnel with the daily goals and workload requirements.
- Enforce both Federal and Company policies and procedures.
- Perform group and individual coaching and counseling sessions, also conduct regularly scheduled performance reviews.
- Monitor MEL/DMI items, ensure timely troubleshooting occurs and is recorded into the computer along with any required parts or tooling necessary to clear the discrepancy. Ensure timely clearing for all deferred items.
- Maintain the equipment and tooling by assigning repairs, both inhouse and out. Request replacements for those beyond economic repair.
- Maximize productivity output level of the workforce.
- Provide complete, written and accurate turnover to in-coming shift regarding all outstanding work activity and items necessary for follow-up.
- Perform other duties as assigned/required.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Must hold a valid A&P Certificate.
- Must hold a valid Driver License.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to ascend/descend ladders, stairs and workstands unassisted.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must be willing to work in an environment that is subject to changing climate conditions and moderate noise levels.
- Must have excellent communication and people skills.
- Must be able exercise good judgement in a Team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- Must have problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read and understand Company and Manufacturer Manuals.
- Must be able to perform all line maintenance functions un-supervised at any time.
- Must own and provide a minimum set of tools.
- Two years experience in a scheduled airline line maintenance operation as an A&P mechanic.
- Maintenance qualified on all ExpressJet fleet types.
- Diversified background experience and knowledge of an airline maintenance environment.
Express Jet - 30+ days ago
The Jet Express offers the most convenient Island-Hopping ferry service to Put-in-Bay, Ohio and Kelleys Island, OH. Featuring frequent ferry...