Lead employees to ensure customer satisfaction by moving all shipments on time and damage free.
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Lead, educate and develop company employees
- Supervise and direct employee work and monitor employee performance, including administration of discipline as appropriate. Be accessible to all areas of the dock and inside trailers; trailers may be at the dock or in the yard.
- Plan daily manpower needs and set schedules to ensure customers’ freight is delivered and picked-up timely and damage free
- Communicate with dispatch at various terminals and with dock employees to coordinate the movement of trailers and freight
- Develop plan for distributing break loads to achieve cut time goals
- Monitor service freight and ensure cut time compliance
- Monitor and analyze all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies
- Assist customers with rate quotes, claim information and setting appointments
- Monitor actual performance data and gather information for reporting
- Communicate with Account Manager(s) to ensure customers’ and company’s needs are met
- Identify freight moving at incorrect weight and classification
- Ensure all OS&D is identified and processed properly
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and provide education to employees as necessary
- Perform administrative functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifest shipments on a trailer, billing freight bills, trace shipments, etc.
- 15. Implement company policy
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to travel as needed
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Prior management experience, preferred
- Thorough knowledge of LTL Industry, DOT Rules and Regulations, OSHA Laws, Hazardous Materials Regulations, NMFC and Tariff Rules, as well as company policies and procedures, preferred
- Able to work without management present and take initiative without immediate local supervision
- Multi-tasked oriented and possess good organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
- Hours may vary due to operational need
- Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline oriented
FedEx Freight - 16 months ago
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...