CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement. Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth. Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a Supervisor Enterprise Systems & Storage Management (Windows/VMware) position. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you! “
This position is responsible for leading Enterprise Server and Storage team in implementation and administration of multiple Windows and VMware servers, storage, backup systems, basic networking and for proactive responses to system issues. Works directly with core internal and external customers to assure system availability and reliability is maintained to meet all customer business needs. Provides a stable, functional environment by ensuring availability, connectivity, integrity, and physical security of multiple Microsoft Windows servers, VMware hosts and SAN storage arrays. Maintain metrics and enhance tools to support system monitoring, incident resolution/escalation.
• Develops and actively contributes to long term vision and road map strategy for infrastructure services and the technology delivered and supported, maintaining alignment with CPS Energy business plans and ICS strategic objectives
• Identifies, implements, and monitors continuous process improvement efforts. Supports PMO and acts as an Associate PM. Assures that the team’s project deliverables and work assignments are completed on schedule and within established budgets
• Manages team’s work packages to ensure project deliverables are met through collaboration with Application Development, IT Infrastructure, Communication Services, Operational Support and Analysis, IT Operations and other IT and technical support teams. Works with business unit and other IT teams and provides proper guidance to ensure infrastructure services and architectures are designed, tested, documented, implemented, enhanced and maintained according to the operations standards and expected service quality
• Develops and monitors Cost Center and Capex budgets
• Works directly with Vendors, Manufactures and Providers to develop operational agreements and to remedy issues
• Develops employee skills and maturity. Develops employee goals and performs annual performance appraisals
• Configuration, implementation and management of Microsoft Windows in a clustered environment.
• Configuration, implementation and management of Mission Critical Tier1, and various other tier 2 SAN environments. Applies strong knowledge of backup and recovery procedures, and disaster recovery procedures to maintain data protection and availability.
• Provides 3rd level proactive and reactive service and performance management for mission critical systems. Identifies requirements for real-time alerts to notify support groups of a current or potential performance problem.
• Responds to real-time performance alerts to resolve performance problems, regular on-going review and analysis of performance data to identify current performance problems and proactively detect potential future performance problems.
• Defines requirements for performance management tools and databases and provide on-going support of the clients operation.
• Ensures day-to-day support and a high level of 24x7x365 service availability. Participation in an “on-call” duty rotation is required.
• Independently performs complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development and implementation.
• Automates system administration tasks and scripting.
• Implements and improves system specific network infrastructure components and applications.
• Maintains host security (passwords, file permissions, file system integrity, security packages, SSH) and network security.
• Supports services and processes including appropriate issue escalation.
• Cross-trains co-workers on new designs.
• Has solid oral and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, project, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Computer Systems, Management Information Systems or related field (Preferred) OR 7 Years Significant additional direct experience may substitute.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years work experience in Information Technology Systems and Storage Administration
• 1 to 2 years as an IT Team Leader
• 3 to 5 years MS Windows/VMware system administration experience.
• 3 to 5 years Enterprise-level Storage Administration
Other Position Requirements
• Storage deployment and management including SANs, NAS, and VTL utilizing Cisco MDS switching, HP XP/EVA, EMC, and/or Hitachi
• Solid foundation in at least 4 of the following areas:
o MS Windows System Programming
o MS Windows/VMWare System Management
o SAN, NAS, and VTL deployment and management
o Shell Scripting
o System Backup utilizing HP DataProtector (preferred) or other enterprise class backup platform.
License & Certification
•“Certifications (Microsoft Windows, VMware or Cisco SAN) - preferred
•Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License and a safe & favorable driving record that meets CPS Energy policy.
•Passing Drug Test and NERC PRA Background
•A Sense of Ownership and dedication to see resolution of problem or completion of a project
•IT Process Management Experience (ITIL, SOX, SAS)
•Knowledge of the business requirements of the ERCOT Energy Market (Zonal and Nodal).
•Knowledge of SAP, Work Management, Meter Data Management and/or Utility OMS/GIS/Mobile Data Management business requirements.
•Very important to this position are: leadership, accuracy, critical thinking, reading comprehension, active listening, presentation skills, judgment and decision making, writing, detail, monitoring, management of personnel resources.
Employees must exhibit and adhere to all of our CPS Energy Core Behavioral Principles. The CPS Energy Behavioral Principles in line with this role are:
One Company Mindset
Focuses on our whole business, putting CPS Energy first, and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual
Reaches across organizational boundaries to share resources, form high performance teams, and produce results for CPS Energy
Standardizes on process, procedures and best practices
Sets objectives and standards that stretch the organization and require performance beyond what is known to be attainable
Targets and achieves large improvements in results; is not satisfied with incremental progress
Maintains uncompromising standards of excellence
CPS Energy - 11 months ago
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...