Responsible for day-to-day sales support and relationship management of all agents within defined territory; achieving premium production goals and protecting company assets through the appropriate use of authorized underwriting authority as well as adherence to company/department-mandated underwriting guidelines and submission process. Meets and maintains service level commitment to both internal and external customers including Main Street Station for Bonds cue.
Typical Duties Include:
· Processes and underwrites risk through the selection/rejection of new surety and renewal business; solicits and compiles all documentation necessary to create an underwriting file that meets or exceeds company/department-mandated guidelines.
· Review customer portfolio for opportunities to solicit new business. Promote opportunity and secure new business while adhering to underwriting guidelines and authority limits.
· Analyzes financial information, credit reports, contracts, statutes, bond forms, etc. to accurately define the obligation and financial wherewithal of principal.
· Partners with Bonds staff and agents to ensure customer needs are met in the timeliest and most efficient manner; makes recommendations to change current process for improvements.
· Trains and provides on-going support to agents on Main Street Station for Bonds.
•A Bachelors Degree, preferably in business administration, finance or related field is preferred.
•3-4 years customer service experience - assisting high level producers.
•Must be able to effectively lead, train, and work with others.
•Strong skills in financial analysis
•Requires strong analytical, organizational and oral and written communication skills.
•Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
•Leadership ability a plus.
Executive Search Firms and Staffing Agencies: We are currently NOT accepting resumes from 3rd party agencies at this time.
Please be advised that The Main Street America Group (The MSA Group) only accepts resumes from agencies with which we have an executed contract with for a particular position. Accordingly, The MSA Group is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not party to an agreement with The MSA Group. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly or indirectly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of The MSA Group.
Analytical Thinking/Decision Making - Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Relationship Building - Initiates, develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
Drive for Results - Continuously focused on achieving/exceeding goals and objectives. Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard to achieve them.
Sales Tasks & Activities - Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization's products or services.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Knowledge of the full spectrum of activities, practices, tools and considerations for managing the underwriting process.
Book Management - Knowledge of practices, tools and techniques to attract, retain and service target customers, maximizing company profit objectives.
Sales Scoping & Qualifications - Knowledge of the process, tools, and techniques for quantifying and verifying customer needs and determining the cost effectiveness of a sales solution.
Fidelity and Surety Bonds - Knowledge of fidelity and surety bond products, market segments and marketplace.
The Main Street America Group offers insurance exclusively through independent agents. Since 1923, we have partnered with independent agents...