The Operating Room Technician assists in nursing care and preparation of surgical patient by performance of routine and delegated duties, according to standards and policies of the center. Is responsible for assisting the surgeon, helping in the central sterile processing department, restocking and changing over rooms between procedures. Performs housekeeping duties as necessary and assists in maintenance of all supplies.
Assists with and delivers safe, effective intra-operative nursing care until patient is transferred from the operating room suite.
· Ensures patient comfort and safety measures are maintained.
· Anticipates special needs, equipment and supplies for the patient relative to an accurate physical assessment of the patient by a nurse.
· Assists in preparing the operative suite for surgery checking supplies, equipment, and instrumentation.
· Assists in preparing the operative room between cases, as necessary.
· Assists in assuring the availability of adequate supplies and instruments for posted cases and assists in opening room in a sterile environment.
· Utilizes surgeon preference cards to check with each case and updates as needed.
· Assists the surgeon during a surgical procedure with a high degree of efficiency, anticipating physician and patient needs during the case.
Interacts with patients, fellow employees, physicians, and other customers in a manner which encourages quality patient care, harmonious working relationships, positive customer relations, and which enhances the image and reputation of the center.
· Assist in orienting new staff members to the OR suites and central processing decontam and sterile areas.
· Shares knowledge with co-workers through open communication.
· Follows chain of command regarding intra or interdepartmental issues.
· Evaluates suggestions objectively, accepts constructive criticism, and seeks guidance when needed.
Supports the center’s mission by dependability in attendance, punctuality, the timely completion of care and other assignments, resource and information management, and attention to principles of quality service.
Maintains and improves skills and knowledge appropriate for position, personal growth, and for enhancement of patient care.
Assists in daily maintenance of the department, in completing monthly work assignment sheet, restocking, pull cases for the next day, and maintaining equipment in good working order. Utilizes non-chargeable items in a cost-effective manner.
Demonstrates working knowledge relating to required documentation in EMR System and achieves passing grade by EMR credentialing officer.
Must meet basic reading, writing, and comprehension requirements
Understands and effectively implements “Best Practices, Risk Management, and Quality Improvement Programs.
Supports and adheres to HCA Code of Conduct, related Ethics and Compliance policies and HIPAA requirements.
Education: Vocational/technical education preferred.
Certifications: Surgical technologist license/certification preferred. American Heart Association BLS required.
Experience: 1-3 years required, 3-5 years preferred.
Personalized care begins the moment you enter and continues until you leave. This increased level of individual attention minimizes stress...