This position is located in Serra Mesa
12-hour shift: 6:30 pm – 7:00 am, including weekends
- Surgical Technology school graduate required
- Current Surgical Technology certification required
- Current CPR certification required
- Two (2) to five (5) years’ operating room experience required
- Experience Scrubbing Heart Transplants, CABG, Valve Replacement, Orthopedics, Neuro, General and Trauma required
The Surgical technologists will use their expertise in asepsis and equipment to prepare the operating room. They will work to help ensure that the operating room is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety while maintaining the integrity of the sterile field.
The Surgical Department has just moved into its brand new state of the art facility. The multi-specialty surgical services is comprised of 12 OR suites. Some of the nationally recognized programs are in Bariatric, Robotic, and Open Heart and Transplant.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Carry up to 50 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
- 24 months ago - save job