Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire a Fracture Care Surgical Technician/Certified who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Orlando Facility Profile:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
The Florida Hospital Orthopedic Institute is a pacesetter in care. We are a leader in Orthopedic innovation, providing superior care and utilizing advanced technology.
Our elite team of orthopedic professionals specializes in primary and revision total joint replacements, hip fractures, ankle fractures, bone infection, limb salvage and lengthening, non-unions and many other procedures. We perform over 4,000 surgeries a year by embracing a strong commitment to the highest quality of care, resulting in successful patient outcomes.
If you are seeking a challenging environment with many growth opportunities, join our innovative Orthopedic team.
As a Fracture Care Surgical Technician/Certified , you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere.
Under general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse assists with the patient care in surgery by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a member of the surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to surgical patients of age specific groups identified in the unit standards of care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge Skills, Education & Experience Required:
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- BCLS certification
- Basic skills and related to aseptic/ sterile technique and knowledge of surgical instrumentation (preferred)
- Graduate from school of surgical technology, LPN program, RN program or military training program.
- Demonstrated Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty (preferred)
- SURH for 6801 - At least one year experience orthopedics and/or trauma (preferred)
- LPN license (if LPN)
- For job class SURH, ESRH, NSRH, and PSUR, CST or CORT certification is required as defined in the Surgical Technician Licensure Update. Completion of an RN training program will be accepted in place of Certification.
- SURH for 6801 - must have Surg Tech certification at time of hire
- CST or CORT Certification (preferred)
Call to Action
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform in the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any needs throughout a procedure. Ensure that all supplies, equipment, and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the facilitation of cost savings and containment.
- Efficient and organized in skills to assist team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and support as needed to members of the surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. Demonstrates appropriate action in emergency situations, demonstrates awareness and control of hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and procedure.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Supports the customer and employee satisfaction activities of the organization. Maintains good relationships with physicians, management, other departments and staff. Investigates and responds to complaints in a timely manner.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Fracture Care Surgical Technician/Certified opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today.
Florida Hospital - 2 years ago
Florida Hospital is an acute-care, not-for-profit health care organization, with eight distinct campus locations in a fast-growing,...