Additional Job Information
Surgical Technician II OR
Seton Medical Center Austin
Additional Job Details:
Seton Healthcare Family offers rewarding and diverse career opportunities, superior benefits and excellent options for personal growth. Seton is always looking for dedicated and skilled individuals willing to share their hearts with those we serve.
The Seton Healthcare Family, a member of Ascension Health, is the leading provider of healthcare services in Central Texas, serving an 11-county population of 1.8 million. The network includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, several strategically located health facilities that provide medical care for well patients and three primary care clinics for the uninsured. Four out of every ten overnight patients in the region receive their care at a Seton facility.
With more than 13,000 associates, Seton is the largest private employer in Central Texas and the only not-for-profit organization among the top 25 employers in the Austin area. In addition, Seton is home to four Magnet nursing facilities-University Medical Center Brackenridge, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas, Seton Medical Center and Seton Northwest Hospital.
Austin is in the heart of the beautiful Texas hill country-only a few hours from Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Enjoy a mild climate, affordable housing and no state income tax! Plus you'll have the chance to be part of a friendly city that offers something for everyone: lively nightlife, recreational activities, colleges & universities, lakes and family-oriented fun. Rich in history, cultural diversity, natural beauty and a vibrant blend of professions, Austin is a cosmopolitan city with a down-home feel. Whatever you like, Central Texas has something to offer.
Apply online at
CAREERS at Seton… Not just a living… It’s a way of life!
The Surgical Technician II OR facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
Education & Experience:
- Prepares surgical operating suite with sterile drapes and sterile solutions as well as appropriate sterile and non-sterile instruments and supplies.
- Hands required/requested instruments and supplies to surgeon during surgery.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning, and draping patients.
- Maintains instruments in an organized manner and monitors/tracks instruments counts throughout procedures.
- Fulfills the essential functions of the Surgical Technologist.
- Expedites and organizes the preparation for unexpected events, giving direction and support to the less experienced team members.
- Scrubs independently on complex procedures in all specialties; handles surgical instruments, needles and sharps, and sponges; and, anticipates the needs of the surgeon in all specialties.
- Acts as preferred scrub person for complex cases in all service specialties that utilize highly technical equipment and complex instrumentation.
- Suggests and assures changes are made to the surgeon’s preference cards as approved to include supplies, equipment, positioning devices and performs other related duties.
- Coordinates educational programs that may be presented internally or externally.
- Serves as a train the trainer for specialty equipment or instrumentation.
- Serves as a resource person.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be "on-call."
Licenses & Certifications:
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in the scrub role is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Successful completion of a surgical technologist program or hospital conducted on-the-job training is required.
- Hospital conducted on-the-job-training requires documentation of orientation.
- New graduates from an accredited educational program for surgical technologists must show documentation of certification within 180 days after the date of graduation, unless you were employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility prior to September 1, 2009.
Certification by the Association of Surgical Technologist or National Center for Competency Testing is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
A Member of Ascension Health
- 13 months ago - save job