Assists surgical team by preparing instruments & equipment needed for scheduled procedures. Assists surgeon during procedures.
• Adheres to strict aseptic techniques.
• Obtains & inspects surgical instrument needed for each procedure.
• Sets up instruments for use during the surgical procedure.
• Assures that all equipment & supplies are available for the surgical procedure.
• Assists surgeon during procedures.
• Assists w/ moving, positioning, & transporting patients.
• Handles specimens in accordance w/ established operating room procedures.
• Performs counts of instruments, sharps, & sponges w/ the circulating nurse in accordance w/ established operating room procedures.
• Removes instruments from operating room & returns them to sterile processing.
• Assists in cleaning surgical equipment & operating room for next case.
• May oversee equipment & supply inventory for a service.
• Ability to operate & troubleshoot complex technical equipment.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
• In order to work effectively w/ patients, must have effective interpersonal & communication skills & be able to stand, walk, bend, lift at least 50 pounds, hear, speak, & see.
• A minimum of 2 years of operating room experience required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Completion of an approved civilian or military training for surgical technologist.
• CPR/BLS certification required.
• Experience in ambulatory surgery preferred.
• Certified Surgical Technologist certification preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...