To teach youth and/or adult fundamental swim skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Teach the basics of swim instruction
· To set-up equipment and area for instruction
· Supervise and instruct class participants
· Enforce department rules and regulations
· Inspect and report needed repairs or problems at facility
· Provide information to parents and participants regarding programs
· Administer first aid as necessary
· Complete and turn in all class record forms in a timely manner
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Carries out job duties in a safe manner in accordance with all Town, department and regulatory policies; follows safety procedures. Identifies unsafe situations and work hazards, corrects them if possible, and reports them to their supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
· Fundamentals of swimming
· Facility and pools rules
· Department rules and regulations
· First-aid and CPR
· Observe and correct proper swimming technique
· Teach in a group setting
· Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations
· Communicate orally and in writing
· Read, write, speak and understand English
· Perform duties at various sites
Minimum Qualifications: An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the job. Must be 16 years of age at time of employment.
Experience: Minimum of 6 months teaching swim lessons and/or 2 years experience as a competitive swimmer.
Physical Demands: The work is typically performed while standing, walking, bending, crouching, and stooping. The employee utilizes a variety of swim instruction equipment, including kickboards and noodles.
Work Environment: The work is performed both indoors and outdoors. The employee is exposed pool water and chemicals utilized to maintain appropriate pool water chemistry.