The Switcher is required to perform all yard management services in accordance with the best standards of the transportation industry and in compliance with applicable procedures.
The job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Moving trailers on property as directed by customer personnel or systems.
- Verifying seals and performing any load status Performing yard checks as required by facility.
- Performing trailer safety checks including, but not limited to, sliding tandem axles (if required), checking manufacturer plates for age of trailer, and checking DOT inspection tags.
- Also will be expected to Red Tag trailers if needed. Moving trailers off property to off-site locations, if required.
- Must obey any and all applicable traffic laws while conducting its operations on behalf of the customer.
- Also will obey all facility traffic and safety rules as required by specific facilities.
- Will be required to adhere to appropriate training records and sign off procedures as required by each facility.
- Participation in continuous improvement processes and initiating proposals in an effort to provide Buyer savings opportunities.
- Maintaining an effective Preventative Maintenance Inspection ( PMI ) schedule for equipment.
Job requirements: This job requires a high school diploma and 2 years of experience.
Specific requirements: You must undergo drug screening, pass a physical examination and undergo a reference or security check. You must have a commercial drivers license .
Additional requirements: Previous switching experience Class “A” C.D.L issued from the state of residence Safe driving record; No DUI, DWI, or impaired in the last 7 years No more than 3 points on driving record at time of hire Must pass DOT drug screen Applicants will be required to work overtime and weekends.
Pay: Hourly $13.50 with increase after 90 days
M-F with occasional Sunday nights and Saturdays
- Medical and Dental
- Flexible Working Schedule
Evans Distribution Systems - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard