1. Work on multiple projects under the direction of a synthesis chemist.
2. Responsible for making and evaluating latex via emulsion polymerization in 1 gallon glassware reactors.
3. Critical responsibilities include:
• Working in a safe manner
• Following recipe directions
• Following written test methods to characterize latex
• Frequent documentation in a laboratory notebook
• Communicating with project leaders on laboratory results and providing status updates.
The Synthesis Technician is based in the Cary headquarters location and works collaboratively other technicians and research scientists.
• High school diploma or equivalency required. Associates degree a technical discipline (chemistry preferred).
• Previous lab experience preferred.
• Familiarity with safe work practices involving industrial chemicals preferred.
• Proficiency with Excel and Word.
• Ability to work in team environment with minimal supervision
• Strong communication skills required.
• Very detail oriented work habits.
• Experience following written or standard operating procedures
Arkema's into vinyl, but not in a weird way. The North American branch of France's Arkema manufactures many vinyl products, such as PVC,...